What grade would you give the Gophers coaching in the dominating win over Nebraska?

What grade would you give the Gophers coaching in the dominating win over Nebraska?

• A

Votes: 72 92.3%
  • B

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

A. The shutout would have been A+. We went more conservative than I would have liked, but we annihilated Nebraska.

Excellent teaching/coaching as the season progressed. They are running a class act.

Well prepared. Dominating performance. Timeouts are overrated. A-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utter domination. Fleck continues to have this program on the up and up

The guys executed (I realize there is some controversy on whether the staff deserves credit), seemed to have the right calls all night long. Nice defense. Great run game. Nothing too wierd. A.

There were little things, there always are, but a 27 point win over Nebraska has to be worth an A

The guys executed (I realize there is some controversy on whether the staff deserves credit), seemed to have the right calls all night long. Nice defense. Great run game. Nothing too wierd. A.

I've never understood this line of thinking on the coaching staff deserving credit. The staff has two jobs. 1) assemble a roster more talented than your peers. 2) prepare and on gameday, call the best possible plays to defeat your opponent.

The Staff deserves ALL the credit. Let's keep it going.

I tire of the mantra that we can't take credit for beating a lesser Big Ten foe. As if the previous 4 years of recruiting, roster developing, coaching, etc. somehow don't matter.

Scott Frost and squad were over there scratching their heads all night. Completely outplayed and outcoached them at every level of the game

Bive them an A.

There were a couple of nice calls that should resulted in TD; a drop and an overthrow. Nebraska was off balance defensively all night.

I've never understood this line of thinking on the coaching staff deserving credit. The staff has two jobs. 1) assemble a roster more talented than your peers. 2) prepare and on gameday, call the best possible plays to defeat your opponent.

The Staff deserves ALL the credit. Let's keep it going.

I tire of the mantra that we can't take credit for beating a lesser Big Ten foe. As if the previous 4 years of recruiting, roster developing, coaching, etc. somehow don't matter.

All? At least a few imply when we win, it’s the staff. When we play poorly or lose it’s the players.

I awarded an A.

Solid A. It would be A+ had we not missed that PAT.

Watching Frost's post game, it sounds like he isn't as detailed as Fleck is.
Frost talked about penalties.
We're low in penalties.

Frost talked about getting pushed around. A comment about "I know how much these guys can lift so it's frustrating to see them get pushed around"
If we're pushing around these big guys, it's technique or scheme winning over brute force. It's not just going back to the gym and lifting more.

He said our guys were running downfield finishing blocks. His guys were blocking downfield, but not always.
A lot of things "not always".

Seems like Fleck almost always has his guys playing in a well-coached manner (SDSU game aside).

Good steady A. Given history of stompings by Nebraska in the 80's, I would have liked to see more offensive push in the 4th, but I don't think that's PJ's thing, and thats not bad.

Our line play KILLED the Huskers.

A. I was expecting Nebraska to close the gap in the second half but the Gophers coaches were one step ahead of them all game. Even when Nebraska scored the defense was playing really loose to avoid big plays and keep the clock running. By the end of the game Nebraska looked like they lost interest and wanted to go home.

Pretty easy A. Only aspect of coaching I thought could have been improved was to take a timeout at some point during Nebraska’s scoring drive. Defense looked a little gassed and was having trouble getting lined up. TO might’ve helped regroup a little there. But that’s just a small nitpick. Amazing game, so much fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Frost's post game, it sounds like he isn't as detailed as Fleck is.
Frost talked about penalties.
We're low in penalties.

Frost talked about getting pushed around. A comment about "I know how much these guys can lift so it's frustrating to see them get pushed around"
If we're pushing around these big guys, it's technique or scheme winning over brute force. It's not just going back to the gym and lifting more.

He said our guys were running downfield finishing blocks. His guys were blocking downfield, but not always.
A lot of things "not always".

Seems like Fleck almost always has his guys playing in a well-coached manner (SDSU game aside).

You're not new to this board so I assume this is sarcasm or tongue in cheek.

A -. First complete game this year from all in the program. Do the same against the likes of IA, PSU, Bucky and there will be A+'s.

Even if a coach isn't the best X's and I'd your of guy you still have to give him credit for the players he recruits and getting them ready to play. You can't solely judge a coach on only 1 aspect

Even if a coach isn't the best X's and I'd your of guy you still have to give him credit for the players he recruits and getting them ready to play. You can't solely judge a coach on only 1 aspect

The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the program including his staff, players, performance on and off the field. You will never get an argument from me about that.

Team came out amped up to play from the first play. That's not something we see often.

Top Bottom