Where do we debut on the AP poll?

Hmmm... I dunno.

Aren't there still lots of 2- or 3-loss SEC teams that they'll put in front of us?

I think we will be between 20 and 22. We jump Memphis, A&M, Wake Forest, Virginia and then maybe some of the Baylor, SMU, Iowa crowd

I'm going to say we appear at #20 in the AP poll and #17 in the Coaches poll.

Yes, but they lost to BAMA and didn't get too embarrassed so they will probably move up in the polls to keep up BAMA's strength of schedule with the SEC's upset today of GA. The SEC needs to protect BAMA in case they lose to LSU or Auburn and miss out on the SEC Championship game.

There is no way TAMU moves up in the polls. They were already the only 2 loss team that was ranked, a 3-3 team is not going to stay ranked.

I think we jump UVA, TAMU, Wake, and Memphis for sure. I don't think anybody ranked behind us jumps us (unless somehow the AP shoots South Carolina way up the rankings, although with 3 losses they should still be right outside of the top 25 with A&M).

That would put us at #22 unless they drop Iowa below us, in which case we'd be #21. I'm going to say #21/22.

There is no way TAMU moves up in the polls. They were already the only 2 loss team that was ranked, a 3-3 team is not going to stay ranked.

I was half-joking. I think we jump them for sure this week but I hope we can crack the top 20 before PSU because I will promise you that an SEC team with less quality wins and more losses will jump the Gophers with our first loss - hopefully we don't have to worry about that first loss until 2021.

I am gonna guess 22. Also, I live in Indiana where we can bet on sports now. Apparently that are just giving money away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10813f6d86220bf12e21788f463eddc7.jpg

The real question is where will CBS have us ranked among the undefeated's

Last edited:

Guessing we will slot in that 20-25 range somewhere.

Now the real challenge begins for the coaches. The Nebraska win opened some eyes, trick now is keeping the players focused on not believing the hype.

I’m going in the 17-19 range. Last two wins have been impressive. Undefeated. Defense looks amazing. Offense has so many weapons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go with this. ^

I don’t see any way the Gophers are ranked any lower than #18.
After this game they should be ranked ahead of Missouri, Iowa, Cincinnati, SMU, Baylor, Appalachian State, and Washington.

I don’t see any way the Gophers are ranked any lower than #18.
After this game they should be ranked ahead of Missouri, Iowa, Cincinnati, SMU, Baylor, Appalachian State, and Washington.

Iowa should fall out of the top 25. They played close - but with 2 losses, it is hard to justify them sniffing the top 25 at this point. The most they have is a pair of moral victories and a win over Iowa State. Say what you want about Minnesota playing a weak schedule and/or escaping versus some poor teams - but a win is a win. Even the win over SDSU looks more impressive as they continue to roll.

Iowa should fall out of the top 25.

I don’t think they will. There just aren’t enough decent 1-loss teams left anymore. And Iowa’s two losses were both close ones to ranked opponents.

When do the new polls get posted?

USC was behind us but still getting votes...good loss to ND, but still another loss...those USC voters need a new team on ballot

Arizona was behind us but getting votes...they loss bad to Washington...

Washington was just behind us at 29...they might pick up USC, AZ ballots and sneak by us

Mizzou was 27th...they had nice win over Ole Miss...they will get some of the Tamu ballots...could sneak by us

Sparty was getting votes...they wont now...Iowa will lose votes...lot of voters who had Sparty and Iowa will go MN

losses by 24 Tamu, 23 Memphis, 20 UVA, 19 Wake, 17 Iowa, not great showing by 22 Baylor (2 ot to beat TxTech), and 18 ASU just getting by Wazzu, and 21 SMU idle means a lot of ballot shifting

I think 23 is worst case, prbly a little higher...guess 20

With being #20 on Coaches, guessing AP will have them a bit lower.

It’s hard to make any sense out of the bumps SMU and Baylor got in the Coaches Poll.

SMU did even play and had an ugly win the week before. For that, they increase their votes by more than 2.5x.

Baylor made about the biggest jump any team ever has with a OT win.

Top Bottom