Question for Fleck Critics

Someone started a thread asking what people dont like about PJ, I dont know how the meaning on this thread is the fault of anyone other than the person who started a thread to invite moaning. If someone started a thread celebrating being 6-0, and Spoofin replied to the original post and said "I dislike that PJ lies about taking a pay cut to come here, " I would understand the frustration.

It's like on the basketball board, where someone will say something like "Pitino is doing much better than Tubby," then someone who disagrees with that assessment will reply and say "based on their records, I think Tubby was better than Pitino", and then somebody responds to the second poster asking why they keep attacking Pitino and comparing him to Tubby.

Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This long thread really isn't about PJ. This thread is about a number of posters who like to visit the forum and argue as a form of entertainment...and that's fine. That is all.

Good point

I didn't condemn the previous coach.

Pointed out the absurdity of "everyone" making Fleck into a messiah which isn't even close to accurate.

The silliness of it all is that you people think this is actually about defending Fleck.

I guess I don't know what it is all about.

I didn't condemn the previous coach.

Pointed out the absurdity of "everyone" making Fleck into a messiah which isn't even close to accurate.

The silliness of it all is that you people think this is actually about defending Fleck.

Yet no one in this long thread mentioned Kill until you did - but yeah, Tim is way off.

Wow. Just wow. Bravo. <b>But keep deflecting it back on me for not being as smart as you are.</b>

I never said any such thing, but I can’t help how you are feeling. You might want to work on taking it as a personal insult when someone disagrees with you.

Yet no one in this long thread mentioned Kill until you did - but yeah, Tim is way off.

Clearly you struggle with basic comprehension skills.

I never said any such thing, but I can’t help how you are feeling. You might want to work on taking it as a personal insult when someone disagrees with you.

Multiple times in this thread you argued that I can't read. I'm not personally insulted, and I feel great. It takes way more than you're capable of to get under my skin. And of course I'm not the sensitive snowflake who is offended by coach speak.

Thanks everyone. Got my answer. Thread as derailed into arguing and pissing match. Mods can lock thread if you so choose. This is my last post in thread.

I always love a skeptic. Thats sincere and not sarcasm. When Fleck got hired I remember alot of people upset that Flecks RTB was on team uniforms. Wondering how critics and skeptics feel about that now?

Someday when Fleck is no longer coaching at Minnesota we will look back at these games with RTB and oars on uniforms. Has it been worth it?

In your opinion how much longer (or how many wins if performance based) will Fleck have to coach at Minnesota for you to feel his schtick and RTB was "worth it" or "a good hire"?

He hasn’t accomplished anything yet. He’s had one winning season, a 7-6 season, and is 6-0 this year and should be given the schedule. In past years, with past coaches, many Gopherholers would not “count” all these wins because they didn’t win by enough, or the opponent wasn’t good. They are 6-0.

I predict they’ll finish 9-3 or 8-4, about what he inherited. The RTB is stupid no matter the record, and just don’t believe in his schtick.

He hasn’t accomplished anything yet. He’s had one winning season, a 7-6 season, and is 6-0 this year and should be given the schedule. In past years, with past coaches, many Gopherholers would not “count” all these wins because they didn’t win by enough, or the opponent wasn’t good. They are 6-0.

I predict they’ll finish 9-3 or 8-4, about what he inherited. The RTB is stupid no matter the record, and just don’t believe in his schtick.

I think he’s got the highest winning percentage since Warmath. That would definitely be an accomplishment, right Ozzy? &#55358;&#56611;

Thanks everyone. Got my answer. Thread as derailed into arguing and pissing match. Mods can lock thread if you so choose. This is my last post in thread.

To summarize, I think the answer to your post is that the Fleck haters would rather have a bad team than Fleck as coach. They won’t accept his slogans, lies!, oars or other black magic that has decimated our proud traditions. It simply wasn’t worth it to bring him here.

To summarize, I think the answer to your post is that the Fleck haters would rather have a bad team than Fleck as coach. They won’t accept his slogans, lies!, oars or other black magic that has decimated our proud traditions. It simply wasn’t worth it to bring him here.

Even tho not one single person said that.
Classic JG - only sees what he wants to see.

Even tho not one single person said that.
Classic JG - only sees what he wants to see.

Then what are you saying? You’re glad we hired PJ and he’s the right guy for the job?

Why write posts to poke fun at the Flecksters and their reasoning skills when Galt does the work for you?

Why write posts to poke fun at the Flecksters and their reasoning skills when Galt does the work for you?

You almost can’t make it up.

The OP asked the question was hiring PJ worth it despite your dislike for him. Is there anyone willing to answer? Or did y’all just want to b$tch more about him and duck the question?

The OP asked the question was hiring PJ worth it despite your dislike for him. Is there anyone willing to answer? Or did y’all just want to b$tch more about him and duck the question?

Well for me, the Flecksters are the only real big drawback to having hired Fleck, but I can deal with that if we keep winning.

Well for me, the Flecksters are the only real big drawback to having hired Fleck, but I can deal with that if we keep winning.

Yes, he’d undoubtedly be super successful if we were a fan base comprised of 100% cynical pricks.

The problem with Fleck, is that the cynics are afraid to buy in because what if he then fails? Their identity is crushed. Ego destroyed. Superiority gone. That’s why you see Reusse and his gang doubling down. Right at the precipice. A 10-2 season or better is awfully tough to poopoo. Best to hope for a 1-3 or worse finish, but hedge your bets a little.

JG, assuming you are actually interested in the answer (which you are not) you could read the thread where multiple people have already answered that question. I for one answered the question more than once.

However, as a true Fleckster, you don’t see that, you require a real “fan” to like everything about PJ or they aren’t a fan and must want him fired.

Do you think every AL football fan likes Saban?
Do you think every AL football fan that doesn’t like Saban wants him fired?

Your summary of this thread is the problem with the Flecksters. You can’t seem to separate being a Fan if the Program from being a fan of the coach. Can’t have one without the other, right.

Yes - to repeat myself - it has already been “worth it” to hire PJ.

Yes, he’d undoubtedly be super successful if we were a fan base comprised of 100% cynical pricks.

The problem with Fleck, is that the cynics are afraid to buy in because what if he then fails? Their identity is crushed. Ego destroyed. Superiority gone. That’s why you see Reusse and his gang doubling down. Right at the precipice. A 10-2 season or better is awfully tough to poopoo. Best to hope for a 1-3 or worse finish, but hedge your bets a little.

There is maybe, just maybe something between starstruck crush and cynical prick. Maybe not for the purpose of this thread, but I can assure you Section that there is.

That’s your takeaway?

That’s your takeaway?

It's not mine.

My takeaway is simply this: The High Horse Crusaders are always going to be compelled to saddle up and tilt at their insignificant windmills, no matter what.

If you want to enjoy this fabulous football season, ignore their nonsense.

It's not mine.

My takeaway is simply this: The High Horse Crusaders are always going to be compelled to saddle up and tilt at their insignificant windmills, no matter what.

If you want to enjoy this fabulous football season, ignore their nonsense.

I'm trying but it can be tough to ignore.

I think they might quiet down a bit as the season progresses and the wins pile up.

If they keep up their blather as the team gets 8, 9, 10 wins — and continues to excel in the classroom and the community — well, they'll risk looking pretty ridiculous.

Not that they're far from that already...

You and the rest of the gang that have been whining for the last 3 years are the nonsense.

Trying to ignore it? You’re the cause of it.

You and the rest of the gang that have been whining for the last 3 years are the nonsense.

Trying to ignore it? You’re the cause of it.

I am sorry I am sure you are a nice guy, but I think we can both agree you aren't real quick on the uptake. And I think that is where our disconnect is and we'll leave it at that.

JG, assuming you are actually interested in the answer (which you are not) you could read the thread where multiple people have already answered that question. I for one answered the question more than once.

However, as a true Fleckster, you don’t see that, you require a real “fan” to like everything about PJ or they aren’t a fan and must want him fired.

Do you think every AL football fan likes Saban?
Do you think every AL football fan that doesn’t like Saban wants him fired?

Your summary of this thread is the problem with the Flecksters. You can’t seem to separate being a Fan if the Program from being a fan of the coach. Can’t have one without the other, right.

Yes - to repeat myself - it has already been “worth it” to hire PJ.

Thanks for the clear answer. There are several things that annoy me about PJ. But overall I’m glad he’s our coach and don’t know why I would want to spend my time on a message board criticizing a coach who I am glad is here.

I think they might quiet down a bit as the season progresses and the wins pile up.

If they keep up their blather as the team gets 8, 9, 10 wins — and continues to excel in the classroom and the community — well, they'll risk looking pretty ridiculous.

Not that they're far from that already...

Well we can both hope we keep winning and the ridiculousness settles down.

Top Bottom