All Things Stand Up Comedy

In America, you wipe with toilet paper. In Soviet Russia, the paper wipes out you!

Come see me and 8 of my friends try to entertain people for 90 minutes November 3rd at 7:00 at Stevie Ray's Comedy Cabaret at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater.

Doors at 6:30 - $5 cash

Only the price is cheap. The comedy - priceless.

She was a blind seamstress who couldn’t mend straight.

Yes or no, did you ever call Wren at his house & pretend to be Tim Brewster?

That still kills me.

As far as comedians go, it’s interesting to watch them strike back at the cancel culture. Latest Chapelle special is pure genius. Bill Burr just put out a good one too.

I've been meaning to update this thread, as I'm a big stand up fan.

We have a great "smallish" stand up bar in our neighborhood that gets some solid names, most shows are only $25-40 range. In the last 6 weeks at this club I've seen Kevin Nealon, Chris Kataan and Jon Lovitz.

Of this group, Nealon was far and away the best. He crushed his set, which was about 75 minutes, mixing in modern takes with a few SNL stories woven in. His opener was Kris Fox who was on the TV show Jury Duty and had some cameo's on Park & Rec and he was hilarious as well.

Chris Kattan was horrible. When he first came on stage there was literally an audible gasp by some in the crowd about how disheveled he looked and his material was so flat, basically trying to relive the SNL days. I felt bad for him. I was never a fan of him on SNL, but figured at $20 bucks and a bike ride away from home he was worth seeing.

Lovitz was also very good, albeit not as good as Nealon. But Lovitz is as vulgar as he is on the Comedy Central Roasts. He finished with some stories about his long friendship with Bob Sagot and then had a hilarious tribute song to Bob at the end which brought the crowd to its feet.

I've got tickets for some upcoming national headliner shows: Anthony Jeselnik, Nate Bargatze (one of my two favorites), Bill Burr, Gary Gulman, Mark Normand and Sebastian Maniscalco (my other top favorite).

I wish Tom Segura would come here but no upcoming dates. He's fantastic.

Go Gophers!!

The new Ricky Gervais special on Netflix was very good, not quite as good as his last one, but he's flat out funny and not afraid to shock the crowd and no one is sparred.

Shane Gillis and Mike Birbiglia had solid specials as well recently on Netflix.

Go Gophers!!

Going to see Jim Jeffries in Des Moines. He's my favorite.

I've been meaning to update this thread, as I'm a big stand up fan.

We have a great "smallish" stand up bar in our neighborhood that gets some solid names, most shows are only $25-40 range. In the last 6 weeks at this club I've seen Kevin Nealon, Chris Kataan and Jon Lovitz.

Of this group, Nealon was far and away the best. He crushed his set, which was about 75 minutes, mixing in modern takes with a few SNL stories woven in. His opener was Kris Fox who was on the TV show Jury Duty and had some cameo's on Park & Rec and he was hilarious as well.

Chris Kattan was horrible. When he first came on stage there was literally an audible gasp by some in the crowd about how disheveled he looked and his material was so flat, basically trying to relive the SNL days. I felt bad for him. I was never a fan of him on SNL, but figured at $20 bucks and a bike ride away from home he was worth seeing.

Lovitz was also very good, albeit not as good as Nealon. But Lovitz is as vulgar as he is on the Comedy Central Roasts. He finished with some stories about his long friendship with Bob Sagot and then had a hilarious tribute song to Bob at the end which brought the crowd to its feet.

I've got tickets for some upcoming national headliner shows: Anthony Jeselnik, Nate Bargatze (one of my two favorites), Bill Burr, Gary Gulman, Mark Normand and Sebastian Maniscalco (my other top favorite).

I wish Tom Segura would come here but no upcoming dates. He's fantastic.

Go Gophers!!
Nealon just naturally seems like he would be great.

My wife and I are fans of Impractical Jokers so last year we saw Joe Gatto. It was pretty solid. Worth the time and money at a minimum.

George Carlin, Mitch Hedberg and Steven Wright have always been my style of humor. Rodney and Kennison never let me down, either.

I'll be seeing Brian Posehn at The Parkway Theater on the 16th. Should be a solid set. Maria Bamford will be at the Pantages in April. Also might check that out.

The Posehn show was even better than I hoped. He closed the set out with the true story of how he and his family were almost killed in a car accident interwoven with jokes about why David Lee Roth is superior to Sammy Hagar.

Went to two recent stand-up shows - Mark Normand and Gary Gulman (different nights). Both were great, and playing good size venues. If you aren't familiar with either, I recommend watching their recent standup shows, Gulman's was on HBO in December I believe.

Next weekend we are going to see Nate Bargatze who's one of my two favorite comedians. He's actually filming his new Netflix special at the show we are going to.

Go Stand-up!!

Went to two recent stand-up shows - Mark Normand and Gary Gulman (different nights). Both were great, and playing good size venues. If you aren't familiar with either, I recommend watching their recent standup shows, Gulman's was on HBO in December I believe.

Next weekend we are going to see Nate Bargatze who's one of my two favorite comedians. He's actually filming his new Netflix special at the show we are going to.

Go Stand-up!!
I’ve seen Gulman. Excellent. His life story is very interesting. We’re seeing Birbiglia when he comes to Mpls in October.

Does it have a name, or are you going to keep that a secret?

Ha! Improv in Desert Ridge gets some great comedians coming through, saw Kevin Nealon, Jon Lovitz, etc. Most are $20-$25 tickets. A few blocks away is also another nice place, House of Comedy on High Street...I'm headed there Friday night to see Jay Mohr. No idea how he'll be in standup, but for $30 it's a fun night.

Go Stand-up!!

My wife and I went and saw Nate Bargatze last night who's one of my favorites. He sold out the Footprint Center (where the Suns play), probably close to 20,000 there with the floor seating added.

He filmed his new Netflix Special last night (and Saturday night, wearing the same clothes, and picking the best of the two nights). First time I've been part of a live taping like that and it definitely added to the energy of the show.

He was incredible. There were a few times where I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face. I love his style, delivery, etc. A very fun night and I highly recommend going to see him if any of you get the chance.

Go Stand-up!!

Ha! Improv in Desert Ridge gets some great comedians coming through, saw Kevin Nealon, Jon Lovitz, etc. Most are $20-$25 tickets. A few blocks away is also another nice place, House of Comedy on High Street...I'm headed there Friday night to see Jay Mohr. No idea how he'll be in standup, but for $30 it's a fun night.

Go Stand-up!!
I loved Jay’s work in the film Pauly. Srsly.

Go Stand-up!!
Nice.

In the next couple of months, at House of Comedy, you might want to check out Kurt Metzger.

He’s a bit of a wildcard, but a super talented writer.

Top Bottom