Brrrr: Unbeaten Gophers embrace cold night game vs. Huskers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the AP:

The weather in Minnesota this weekend is forecast to turn wintry.

These Gophers are more than ready for that.

With the game on Saturday against Nebraska on track for the coldest night-time kickoff temperature since TCF Bank Stadium opened in 2009, the unbeaten Gophers (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) have prepared all week for the likelihood of a less-than-firm grip on the ball with a variety of exercises. Plus, there's no better remedy for such conditions than their seasoned running back duo of Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks that combined for 322 rushing yards last week against Illinois.

"We love the cold. No doubt. That's our mentality," defensive end Carter Coughlin said. "You come up to Minneapolis, and it's our weather, you better be ready to play in it, because we're going to be."

https://www.dailyherald.com/article/20191011/sports/310119919

Go Gophers!!

Carter Coughlin said. "You come up to Minneapolis, and it's our weather, you better be ready to play in it, because we're going to be."

Really like that quote.

Just looked at today's forecast for Lincoln, Nebraska:

High of 60 degrees and sunny, with 0% chance of precipitation.

Hmmm... I wonder: does this mean the Huskers "won't want to be here"... in cold and wind and snow?

Last edited:

Just looked at today's forecast for Lincoln, Nebraska:

High of 60 degrees and sunny, with 0% chance of precipitation.

Hmmm... I wonder: does this mean the Huskers "won't want to be here"... in cold and wind and snow?
Let's hope so. I don't mind that criticism and wish all our opponents feel that way on gameday.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Is Dilly Bar Dan still on the phone and headsets staff?

If yes, would be a great day for a big screen sighting...of course enjoying a Dilly Bar.

Top Bottom