I'm Freaking Dying Here, Maaan

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Anybody else having the longest week ever?!

In anticipation of this game with Nebraska and my trip back home for it, I've hit refresh on this board so many times this week that I feel like I might need to go to one of those "screen time addiction retreats" that Lisa Ling featured on "This Is Life".

I traveled to Fresno for the game earlier this year, but I haven't been this excited for a Gophers' game in years. To be able to go to a game where we are undefeated, at home, playing a big-name opponent (and at night to boot) is prime stuff for me. So many times in the past two decades when I have had tickets to travel to a game, we have either lost the week before or not been as good as I hoped and it's taken a bit of the luster off.

Here I sit, with 30 hours to go, but a half-day of work left to manage and a flight to pack for tonight, but if there was a way I could take enough Benadryl and just magically wake up at the GLC tailgate tomorrow, I'd be on my way to Walgreen's already. ;) Time, you are the true enemy now.

Who's ready to roll it up on Big Red and keep this special season moving forward? Cannot. Wait.

More power to you man. I’ve told the family to leave me alone. No distractions from the most important thing.

Perhaps pass some of the time reading through the comments on the poll asking about this being the most anticipated game since various other big game examples. There are people in there that will tell you this is no big deal and just like any other game.

That didn't work for me. I'm counting the hours too.

Yeah, agreed. IF (not trying to get ahead of myself) we make it to 8-0, I can't imagine how torturous that bye week leading up to Penn St is going to be. :/

Well the nice thing about the next bye week as opposed to the last bye week is that if we are 8-0 will be that we definitely be a top 25, maybe top 20 team and all we have to do is watch other teams ahead of us lose to move up in the rankings without the risk of losing ourselves or injuries. So that will give us something to root for.

I remember in the Tubby years in November and December in basketball when we would always make the top 25. Nothing more fun after a big win than rooting for teams ranked in front of you to lose. We got up to 13th one year and then 8th the next.

I was looking at the schedules of teams ranked ahead of us 15-25 and if every team ahead of us loses in games they are underdogs in by the time we play PSU, we would be about 18th.

Last week was pretty slow for me, since I traveled back to MN for homecoming. The opponent wasn't as exciting, nor the game time, but I was so excited to be back on campus to watch the game and see us go from 4-0 to 5-0.

I've already secured my tickets for the wisconsin game and depending on how the rest of the season goes (8-0 into Penn State, possibly an upset win against them and/or Iowa, a win vs Northwestern, etc) even that short week before Thanksgiving may seem too long! Especially if the dominoes fall correctly and that is a game for the west division title.

Last week was pretty slow for me, since I traveled back to MN for homecoming. The opponent wasn't as exciting, nor the game time, but I was so excited to be back on campus to watch the game and see us go from 4-0 to 5-0.

I've already secured my tickets for the wisconsin game and depending on how the rest of the season goes (8-0 into Penn State, possibly an upset win against them and/or Iowa, a win vs Northwestern, etc) even that short week before Thanksgiving may seem too long! Especially if the dominoes fall correctly and that is a game for the west division title.

Nice. I'm about to grab my Wisconsin tickets in the next week - just trying to finalize the number of people I'm bringing with me. Man, if that game ends up being for the Big Ten West title...I may need to be cryogenically frozen for the week just to not feel like such a Gopher junkie. Just make sure to start thawing me out on Friday!

I'm seriously struggling. I want this win BAD! There's about as much work getting done as season opener and signing day :(

starting tailgate brisket at 7:30 tonight. From there it is on like Donkey Kong!!

Get a hold of yourselves. We have a bye after Maryland. Can you imagine a two week wait for Penn State, if there are no losses on the table?

Get a hold of yourselves. We have a bye after Maryland. Can you imagine a two week wait for Penn State, if there are no losses on the table?

No, I think that one will be easier under those circumstances.

If we are 8-0 after Maryland, wins after that are mostly icing on the cake (although going 0-4 on the last four would be a real bummer). Even if we are 8-0 we won't be expected to beat PSU and that isn't a win that we really need to make this a great season. If we were 8-0 after Maryland and went 2-2 on the last four, that would still be a terrific season (especially with a quality bowl win afterward). Even 1-3 on the last 4 would be better than any regular season we've had in a long time.

On the other hand, we really need this game to make people believers in this team. Even many of us will have doubts about how good we can be for the rest of the season if we lose tomorrow. We need to keep winning at this point so I'm still pretty nervous about this game.

Don't blame you. This is really a HUGE game for the program and we haven't done so well with these big games in the past few years, going back to Michigan in '03. The week is crawling by, 6:30 is circled on my calendar, chili will be in the crockpot, incense will be burning, Gopher flag outside the door (to the annoyance of my neighbors), cold beer ready, the Minnesota Football Vault out on the coffee table as a good luck talisman. My hand holding the TV remote will be shaking.

Anybody else having the longest week ever?!

In anticipation of this game with Nebraska and my trip back home for it, I've hit refresh on this board so many times this week that I feel like I might need to go to one of those "screen time addiction retreats" that Lisa Ling featured on "This Is Life".

I traveled to Fresno for the game earlier this year, but I haven't been this excited for a Gophers' game in years. To be able to go to a game where we are undefeated, at home, playing a big-name opponent (and at night to boot) is prime stuff for me. So many times in the past two decades when I have had tickets to travel to a game, we have either lost the week before or not been as good as I hoped and it's taken a bit of the luster off.

Here I sit, with 30 hours to go, but a half-day of work left to manage and a flight to pack for tonight, but if there was a way I could take enough Benadryl and just magically wake up at the GLC tailgate tomorrow, I'd be on my way to Walgreen's already. ;) Time, you are the true enemy now.

Who's ready to roll it up on Big Red and keep this special season moving forward? Cannot. Wait.

Yes! Me too! I think I now have carpel Tunnel syndrome.

I’ve been thinking we play tonight all day.

Being 8-0 and staring at the bye week will be made easier by the high volume of content about the Gophers. We have started seeing more articles and mentions about the Gophers being undefeated in the last week. Minnesota will be talked about A LOT more if they are 8-0 and ranked in the top 15-20. They will be discussed constantly on ESPN and the networks (not to mention local news) and they will very likely be discussed when people are talking about the CFP picture.

Me too. Thankfully I’ll have some early afternoon pickup basketball to distract me before game time

Up until today, I have been more focused on the weather than the game itself, just to have a plan on what time to meet and how to prepare for the elements.

Plans have been set, so game on.

I hear ya...been getting antsy all week also!! Just want to be game day already!

What will complete my day tomorrow will be

A Michigan LOSS at 3 PM
A Wisconsin LOSS at 7:30 PM
A Gophers WIN at 10:30 PM

I hear ya...been getting antsy all week also!! Just want to be game day already!

What will complete my day tomorrow will be

A Michigan LOSS at 3 PM
A Wisconsin LOSS at 7:30 PM
A Gophers WIN at 10:30 PM

Don’t forget an Iowa loss at 10:30PM

Any frequent travelers out there know if there's any chance I'll be able to watch FS1 from a Delta plane? My flight is basically from beginning to end of the game....

Any frequent travelers out there know if there's any chance I'll be able to watch FS1 from a Delta plane? My flight is basically from beginning to end of the game....

Best bet might be to pay for the Wi-Fi and stream the free radio broadcast from KFAN.com

Most airplane wifi won't support a streaming video like YouTubeTV

I hear you. Having actual anticipation is something new for me (almost 50 years of this). I'm sitting half the world away in Asia, and get to watch on Hulu. Can't wait til Sunday morning at 6:30!!! Morning beers are the best.

Man I'm glad others have been anticipating this game feeling a bit goofy as well. I thought it was just me. Under 24 hours now!

Top Bottom