Good Luck this weekend from HuskerMax

BigRedMax

Reaction score
I made the game in Minneapolis in 2013 when you beat us 34-23. It was the first win for Minnesota dating back to 1963. Overall the series is pretty even at 25-32-2 and you guys are one of the few teams that have a winning record against the Huskers. Here is a link with all the Nebraska-Minnesota games ever played dating back to 1900 with individual game pages back to 1960.

https://www.huskermax.com/games/minnesotaBT.html

What I remember most is interacting with Minnesota fans at a gas station on the way back from the 2013 game and they were very gracious in victory. I consider our rivalry to be a mutual respect friendly one and we have one thing in common in that we both can't stand Wisconsin. :)

Have hosted Rob Litt, Formo and other Gopher fans at our tailgate in Lincoln and a few of our posters are heading up your way to tailgate. I will get some pictures to post later.

This game has me more than a little nervous as we have yet to establish consistent play for four quarters and have a tendency to turn the ball over. Obviously I will be rooting for the Huskers but let's both beat Wisconsin.

David Max

Right back at ya' BigRed. Always found NE fans to be among the classiest in B10.

What's your read on your QB's health?

I made the game in Minneapolis in 2013 when you beat us 34-23. It was the first win for Minnesota dating back to 1963. Overall the series is pretty even at 25-32-2 and you guys are one of the few teams that have a winning record against the Huskers. Here is a link with all the Nebraska-Minnesota games ever played dating back to 1900 with individual game pages back to 1960.

What I remember most is interacting with Minnesota fans at a gas station on the way back from the 2013 game and they were very gracious in victory. I consider our rivalry to be a mutual respect friendly one and we have one thing in common in that we both can't stand Wisconsin. :)

Have hosted Rob Litt, Formo and other Gopher fans at our tailgate in Lincoln and a few of our posters are heading up your way to tailgate. I will get some pictures to post later.

This game has me more than a little nervous as we have yet to establish consistent play for four quarters and have a tendency to turn the ball over. Obviously I will be rooting for the Huskers but let's both beat Wisconsin.

David Max

Thanks for the friendly words, Max. I won't be sorry when my team beats yours, but I'll try to feel bad about not being sorry.

Agreed. My nephew will be joining me on Saturday and I told him NE fans are great. I have had multiple interactions with them over the years and for the most part they are knowledgeable and gracious. I'm looking forward to some colder maybe snow old school FB. Go Gophers !

Nebby and PSU fans are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. My group had a great time despite a Gopher loss in a close game 3 years ago. I came away from that trip to Lincoln thinking “the stories are true, Nebraska fans really are that nice.”

Seeing the Formo name reminds me: What ever happened to Formo around here at Gopherhole? I haven’t seen anything from him in a really long time.

Last edited:

Nebraska fans are awesome. Went to the Gopher game in Lincoln in 2012, 2016 and 2018. Favorite B1G road trip.

David Max

Thank you for the gracious words, Max, but your quote above could also apply to the Gophers this season especially the "4 quarters" part. We've been a little less turnover prone than Nebraska this year but the ones we've had have hurt us. I notice that Nebraska didn't have any against NW though so at least you have one game without a turnover. Officially we didn't have one against Purdue but we muffed an onside kick reception late in the game and that resulted in a Purdue touchdown. There's a reason many consider us the wobbliest 5-0 team in the country.

I can’t say anything about Husker fans, but all of my friends from Nebraska are some of the nicest people I know. Seems to be a common thread here. I can’t find it in myself to drum up the same dislike I have for Wisky and Michigan and assign that to Nebraska, although those dreary years of blowout losses to Nebby were tough to swallow. Go Gophers!

Thanks

Nebraska has become one of my favorite teams to play and lincoln is great spot to visit. I was there last year and we mainly were at bars, but walked through tailgate lots and many a husker fans said hi, even got some food and beer

Stadium could use some help with traffic flow of getting people in and out :)

Here's to a gopher win this year!

Right back at ya' BigRed. Always found NE fans to be among the classiest in B10.

What's your read on your QB's health?

Fellow Husker here. The chance of Martinez playing is probably not good at all. I dont think they ever actually considered playing him either. (bye week next week, a good chance to try and get him healthy) They just played it close to the vest just to not give Fleck any info to gameplan for. I dont think it was a very good kept secret.

Spielman will probably play but i dont know how effective he will be. Who knows he may be just fine too.

Vedral is a decent back up and honestly there is no real excuses for him win or loss. For the first time, i think the bad weather will actually hurt Minn more than it will the Huskers. I say that because of the respect i have for the receivers you currently have. I wouldnt put money on this game.

Went to Nebraska last year, and there wasn't a single fan there that showed any malice toward us. We got multiple "Thank you for coming"s and such. Nebraska probably has some of the best fans in the Big 10.

Echo what everyone is saying, my road trip to Nebraska was my favorite ever. Over the top generous and friendly. I love beating Nebraska because they still have some blue blood left in them, but there's no hatred.

It's hard to dislike people that hate Iowa and Wisconsin.

David Max

Great Post! Like others have posted, right back at you! Regarding the bold, I don't know you, but I'm sure I like you!:D I'm sending an internet beer, (or whatever your favorite beverage is) your way!

Cheers!

Nebby and PSU fans are awesome.

Never had a chance to attend a game in Lincoln but agree 100% that PSU fans are some of the classiest in the Big Ten.....Iowa and Wisconsin...yeah not so much.

Never had a chance to attend a game in Lincoln but agree 100% that PSU fans are some of the classiest in the Big Ten.....Iowa and Wisconsin...yeah not so much.

Went to Nebraska last year. What a great atmosphere! As far as lousy fans, I only have experience going to Michigan and they were awful.

Great Post! Like others have posted, right back at you! Regarding the bold, I don't know you, but I'm sure I like you!:D I'm sending an internet beer, (or whatever your favorite beverage is) your way!

Cheers!

Thanks for the internet beer. I needed more than one after the game. There was no doubt that the Gophers wanted it more and we need to lick our wounds and do what we can to salvage our season. Good luck going forward and come by our tailgate next year for a real beer or two.

Top Bottom