Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,896
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default "the dramatic Gopher" for field goals and the third/fourth quarter music

    I have to admit, I get a chuckle every time I see the "dramatic Gopher" appear on the big board prior to every opponent field goal attempt on the west side of the stadium. It is a quirky little newer tradition that is along the lines of all the stuff I enjoy about college football. I bring a lot of new people to Gopher games and each time the dramatic Gopher appears, they notice and comment on it.

    https://twitter.com/GopherFootball/s...569222656?s=20

    I also like what they came up with years ago for the break between the third and fourth quarters. However, they seem obsessively eternally focused on mixing it up, toying with it, tweaking it, etc. and each time they do this it gets a little worse. They then go back to the original and everyone positively reacts, only to tweak it again to repeat the cycle. They tweaked it again for homecoming (no "I want you to do the Gopher" lead in and switched up much of the music in a bad way - in my opinion).


  2. #2

    Default

    Off topic....this program has never once figured out how to get the team on the field for opening kickoff in an exciting manner. Builds with team video...video ends....quiet music...wait, wait....here's comes the team down the huddle...wait, wait...start swaying....run on out with fireworks.

    At this point, I'd be for just blatantly ripping off another program to get it done. Even in one trip to Wisconsin with a freakin' U2 song playing, the badger entrance gave me a chill.

    Have that garage door down and as soon as the energy in the stadium is at its peak, open that sucker up and run on out.

  3. #3

    Default

    My friend got a good laugh at the dramatic gopher

  4. #4

    Default

    Dramatic Gopher is the best thign ever.

    The third / fourth quarter music / dance stuff is WAY better than the mess that was PJ's first year, they really picked some weird stuff a few times there. It's gotten better.


    Purple Lamborghini is ... kinda growing on me.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post
    Off topic....this program has never once figured out how to get the team on the field for opening kickoff in an exciting manner. Builds with team video...video ends....quiet music...wait, wait....here's comes the team down the huddle...wait, wait...start swaying....run on out with fireworks.

    At this point, I'd be for just blatantly ripping off another program to get it done. Even in one trip to Wisconsin with a freakin' U2 song playing, the badger entrance gave me a chill.

    Have that garage door down and as soon as the energy in the stadium is at its peak, open that sucker up and run on out.
    VT does it the best...things get really going about the 3:10 mark.


  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post
    Off topic....this program has never once figured out how to get the team on the field for opening kickoff in an exciting manner. Builds with team video...video ends....quiet music...wait, wait....here's comes the team down the huddle...wait, wait...start swaying....run on out with fireworks.

    At this point, I'd be for just blatantly ripping off another program to get it done. Even in one trip to Wisconsin with a freakin' U2 song playing, the badger entrance gave me a chill.

    Have that garage door down and as soon as the energy in the stadium is at its peak, open that sucker up and run on out.
    From the student section, the entrance has been pretty well received. The sway with the guitar riff while they walk to the tunnel is fun to do (I have no idea how it looks though). They definitely could tweak what they're doing with the heartbeat thing, it takes a little too long once they get to the field and things get awkwardly drawn out. Your point about the transition from video to music to walk out is very accurate as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,896
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post
    the badger entrance gave me a chill.
    Me too! First a chill, then a headache and uncontrolled vomiting. Is this normal?

  8. #8

    Default

    Umm, that's not a dramatic Gopher.

    It looks like a Guinea Pig.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fair View Post
    From the student section, the entrance has been pretty well received. The sway with the guitar riff while they walk to the tunnel is fun to do (I have no idea how it looks though). They definitely could tweak what they're doing with the heartbeat thing, it takes a little too long once they get to the field and things get awkwardly drawn out. Your point about the transition from video to music to walk out is very accurate as well.

    The riff is from song is killing strangers by Marilyn Manson, they can only go so long with the song, so would need to maybe just time things a little better?

  10. #10

    Default

    I always thought "Beautiful People" would be an excellent entrance song.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    I always thought "Beautiful People" would be an excellent entrance song.
    I'm imagining it now and that would be awesome. Could even keep the riff in the walk out and start playing The Beautiful People once they get to the end. Get people jumping similar to Enter Sandman at VT.

  12. #12

    Default

    I'm not beautiful at all... could I still go to games?

  13. #13

    Default



    I'm sure the regents would approve.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

    I'm sure the regents would approve.
    I think as far as music at college sporting events the administration has a sort of "don't ask don't tell" policy.

    They don't want to get into the business of filtering music so they don't ask many questions, they don't want to be asked, and don't want to be told ... and everyone moves on happily, hoping no assholes read some lyrics, get outraged, and make a big deal about it.

  15. #15

    Default

    Of course "Down with the Sickness" also has an excellent drum and guitar opening riff to enter the stadium as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •