Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: NBA and China

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    12,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    How about we just let people speak about what they want and stop complaining when we don't like what we hear? The GOP and democrats both are guilty, and it just needs to stop.

    Let Morey bash China. Let LeBron or whomever call Trump a chump. Let people kneel during the anthem.

    Don't people get tired of the BS. I know I do.
    I agree with this.
    Aloha Mr. Hand


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    How about we just let people speak about what they want and stop complaining when we don't like what we hear? The GOP and democrats both are guilty, and it just needs to stop.

    Let Morey bash China. Let LeBron or whomever call Trump a chump. Let people kneel during the anthem.

    Don't people get tired of the BS. I know I do.
    Well look, it has been non stop ripping Trump all over the place all over popular culture and sports. I'm sure it seems like there's a lot of complaining, but the vast majority is ignored.

    I think the point here: is this a partisan issue? Are Dems really supporting China over Hong Kong? That's how it appears. And is newsy.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Are Dems really supporting China over Hong Kong? That's how it appears. And is newsy.
    Wut?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,464
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    China has gone crazy and sadly their population supports the government. Two Canadian businessman have been in jail for over a year as retlaition to the arrest of a Huawei executive in Vancouver (on US direction).

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/huawei...line-1.4989139

    The present leadership in the US, China and Russia has me as scared of large scale war as I have ever been.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    So. MN
    Posts
    3,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnipegopher View Post
    China has gone crazy and sadly their population supports the government. Two Canadian businessman have been in jail for over a year as retlaition to the arrest of a Huawei executive in Vancouver (on US direction).

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/huawei...line-1.4989139

    The present leadership in the US, China and Russia has me as scared of large scale war as I have ever been.

    With the US present leadership, I am less scared of a large scale war as I've ever been. So we cancel each other out.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,464
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    With the US present leadership, I am less scared of a large scale war as I've ever been. So we cancel each other out.
    I hope you are right. It may be true that Trump's unpredictability is an asset with a place like China.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    In other words, it's ok to be outspoken about your beliefs, but it's not ok to be outspoken about beliefs in opposition to yours.
    No, that’s not what I said.

    I said athletes should keep their political opposition criticisms to themselves when they’re representing their team or sport, unless they are criticizing something so obviously contrary to American values, like a totalitarian Communist state. And if they are someone that chooses to criticize an opposing political view held by half the country, they are huge hypocrites and frauds if they’re not willing to criticize a totalitarian country that is lining their pockets.

    And just to be clear, if an athlete wants to praise a political cause that they believe in, I’m okay with that. If they want to praise Obama or Trump or Biden, if their employer doesn’t mind them doing that while representing the team, have at it. But criticism without the express permission of the owner or organization is an issue.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnipegopher View Post
    I hope you are right. It may be true that Trump's unpredictability is an asset with a place like China.
    Confucius say:
    However you construe unpredictability to be an asset in international relations and foreign policy, abject stupidity will abrogate that advantage every f*cking time.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    36,731
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WiddleWatkins View Post
    Hypocrisy on both sides it would appear. Pretty sure conservatives spent the last decade complaining about politics in sports. Well here we are, NBA doesn't want to get political. Y'all got what you wanted! I believe the exact words were "Shut up and dribble."
    Yep. A weak, pathetic attempt by OP to "own the left."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    36,731
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    In other words, it's ok to be outspoken about your beliefs, but it's not ok to be outspoken about beliefs in opposition to yours.
    Yep.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yep. A weak, pathetic attempt by OP to "own the left."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,464
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I imagine the editors of the Onion won't be going to China anytime soon.

    https://www.theonion.com/china-intro...source=Twitter

    https://www.theonion.com/chinese-man...m_content=Main

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Wut?
    It's all about intent these days. We on the right believe that, based on words and actions the Dems intend to favor China over Honk Kong and for that matter over the USA.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    How about we just let people speak about what they want and stop complaining when we don't like what we hear? The GOP and democrats both are guilty, and it just needs to stop.

    Let Morey bash China. Let LeBron or whomever call Trump a chump. Let people kneel during the anthem.

    Don't people get tired of the BS. I know I do.
    ..........Let the statues remain. Let the Ten commandments stay in public. Let there be prayer in school. Let their be free speech on college campuses. Let blacks be criticized the same as whites can be criticized. Let racism be applied to both sides. Let Trump say what he thinks about SH countries. Let go of the whole politically correct thing that is ruining our ability to discuss problems and reach common sense solutions.

    Right now the new rules are that:

    - You can talk badly about men and boys but not women...unless it is a conservative woman- then no holds barred.
    -You can speak badly about whites, but not blacks or hispanics. But if a black is conservative- they can be called an uncle tom.
    - You can speak badly about Christians but you cannot criticize other religions. It's okay to be a Christian if you allow that all other religions are just as true- otherwise you are a bigot.
    - You can speak poorly about Trump and call him every name in the book but you cannot ask if Obama was really born in the US
    -If Trump says he didn't do anything illegal- he obviously did. If Obama says he had a scandal free administration that was totally transparent- you must believe him
    - If you love the USA, it is preferred that you don't say that because the USA is racist. If you love China or Venezuela - well that's being kind.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,004
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    ..........Let the statues remain. Let the Ten commandments stay in public. Let there be prayer in school. Let their be free speech on college campuses. Let blacks be criticized the same as whites can be criticized. Let racism be applied to both sides. Let Trump say what he thinks about SH countries. Let go of the whole politically correct thing that is ruining our ability to discuss problems and reach common sense solutions.

    Right now the new rules are that:

    - You can talk badly about men and boys but not women...unless it is a conservative woman- then no holds barred.
    -You can speak badly about whites, but not blacks or hispanics. But if a black is conservative- they can be called an uncle tom.
    - You can speak badly about Christians but you cannot criticize other religions. It's okay to be a Christian if you allow that all other religions are just as true- otherwise you are a bigot.
    - You can speak poorly about Trump and call him every name in the book but you cannot ask if Obama was really born in the US
    -If Trump says he didn't do anything illegal- he obviously did. If Obama says he had a scandal free administration that was totally transparent- you must believe him
    - If you love the USA, it is preferred that you don't say that because the USA is racist. If you love China or Venezuela - well that's being kind.
    You're so aggrieved. I'll pray for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •