Nebraska star freshman Wan'Dale Robinson (Kentucky Mr. Football for 2018, etc.)

MplsGopher

Reaction score
- won the trophy for best football player in Kentucky for the 2018 season
- voted Kentucky Mr. Football for the 2018 season
- so far in the Big Ten, has won Freshman of the Week twice (Week 4, Week 6)

Obviously was a stud recruit, 247 composite 4* 0.9597.

But that is not what I wanted to bring up. I did not follow the recruitment of this guys, so was looking at his 247 profile. Check out his recruiting timeline: https://247sports.com/Player/Wandale-Robinson-46039351/TimelineEvents/

- lived close to Lexington
- did not take an official to Kentucky, but had unofficial visits
- took officials to Purdue, Michigan, Nebraska, Alabama, Ohio State

- commits to Kentucky on Nov 1
- wins the Kentucky football awards on Nov 28 and Dec 2
- decommits from Kentucky and commits to Nebraska on Dec 5 !!

Obviously, there have been a million threads about this on the internet, I'm sure.

But man ...... kinda looks like his commitment to Kentucky was "fake", no ?? Boy, how pissed off would you be if you voted for him as top player, think he's going to the in-state school, and then NOPE, pulls the rug out, after the awards were given out?

Cold blooded.

If you're voting for the top player in the state, it should be because they're the top player in the state.

Anyone voting for a statewide award like that because that person is going to a school that they like that is the asshole, not the player.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Should be", right.

But I bet there were more than zero who gave him the nod over some other, equally talented and deserving (note I'm saying *equally*, in other words, I'm not saying that Robinson wasn't) because he was staying in-state.

Just thought it was interesting, and kinda funny!

If you're voting for the top player in the state, it should be because they're the top player in the state.

Anyone voting for a statewide award like that because that person is going to a school that they like that is the asshole, not the player.

Also anybody not voting for a player when that player is deserving because they are going out of state is equally wrong. Maybe that is what he was trying to prevent. I would be curious to know if the Kentucky awards have any history of voting happening either way.

Also anybody not voting for a player when that player is deserving because they are going out of state is equally wrong. Maybe that is what he was trying to prevent. I would be curious to know if the Kentucky awards have any history of voting happening either way.

Why would the voters reveal that, if it obviously would cause an uproar and possibly get them removed from the voting group?

They don't have to take a lie-detector test when they vote.

Indeed.

Any voter gaming the system in any way is the asshole here.

If they try to game it and some player realizes it and pulls a fast on one them, like dude what did you think would happen?

Indeed.

Any voter gaming the system in any way is the asshole here.

If they try to game it and some player realizes it and pulls a fast on one them, like dude what did you think would happen?

Yep. Great take.

No voter in the history of these things has ever been biased by anything even slightly outside the pure statistics and game film of the players under consideration.

Has never happened.

But I bet there were more than zero who gave him the nod over some other, equally talented and deserving (note I'm saying *equally*, in other words, I'm not saying that Robinson wasn't) because he was staying in-state.

My impression (and I don't care enough to check this) was that there wasn't anyone "equally deserving". Doesn't he have all sorts of all-time Kentucky high school records?

My impression (and I don't care enough to check this) was that there wasn't anyone "equally deserving". Doesn't he have all sorts of all-time Kentucky high school records?

Could be the case. I have not checked.

Still interesting timing, regardless. People do things all the time "just to make sure", even if they didn't really need to do that.

This isn't some expose' "breaking news, shocking story, alert!". Not at all. It's just a little anecdote that was funny to me. No need to treat it as anything more than that. I'm not accusing anyone of any crimes, here.

I don't care about any of this...can we tackle him, can we stop him, can we turn him over and win this game?

He's an explosive player. The Gophers will have their hands full trying to stop him on Saturday.

In order to beat Nebraska we need to focus on the game rather than on Kentucky's Mr. Football 2018

In order to beat Nebraska we need to focus on the game rather than on Kentucky's Mr. Football 2018

Yes, this, thank you... We as posters need to stay focused on the task in front of us and not get sidetracked by other things. The team needs us!!!

Top Bottom