6 12.50%
  • Husker plains mirage hot!!

4 8.33%
  • I'm a closet Badger fan so I've cooled on them

1 2.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Game 6 How hot is your Chili? - The no corn in my chili edition

It's game 6. We are 5-0 and favored over a helmet school in a primetime night game. So the question is, how hot is your chili this week?

My chili is so hot this week that Scandinavians cry just being in the same house as it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFueledFF View Post
    My chili is so hot this week that Scandinavians cry just being in the same house as it.
    I resemble that comment. Ketchup only, mustard is OK but no spicy mustard.

I'm going Guatemalan Insane Asylum Hot!

Blog Entries

This team will have some opportunities to capture attention around the college football world in the upcoming weeks. The first big example of that will be the name-brand visit by the bib-overall wearing gents from Nebraska. Great opportunity for an improving Gopher team to make a statement in front of a lot of newly interested fans locally, and even casual fans nationally that haven't been paying close enough attention to college football to realize Nebraska has become Northwestern with better home game attendance now.

The Gophers are young enough, and vulnerable enough to lose to any remaining team on the schedule (except Rutgers) and a surprising loss may be lurking somewhere and it looks like an upset might be required to beat Penn State, Iowa, or Wisconsin. How can one's chili not be ultra-hot in this march to 8-0 where if it is achieved, would set the stage for a two week love-fest over the Gophers that would be unprecedented nationally, if not locally. I can barely imagine the hype leading up to the Penn State game if the gophers were 8-0. And if you are about to remind me the team should focus on Nebraska first, save your typing fingers. I get it. But anything I daydream about here has literally no effect on Gopher prep for their next game. I'm a fan, I can look ahead and count my chickens before they are hatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    This team will have some opportunities to capture attention around the college football world in the upcoming weeks. The first big example of that will be the name-brand visit by the bib-overall wearing gents from Nebraska. Great opportunity for an improving Gopher team to make a statement in front of a lot of newly interested fans locally, and even casual fans nationally that haven't been paying close enough attention to college football to realize Nebraska has become Northwestern with better home game attendance now.

.....How can one's chili not be ultra-hot in this march to 8-0 where if it is achieved, would set the stage for a two week love-fest over the Gophers that would be unprecedented nationally, if not locally. I can barely imagine the hype leading up to the Penn State game if the gophers were 8-0. And if you are about to remind me the team should focus on Nebraska first, save your typing fingers. I get it. But anything I daydream about here has literally no effect on Gopher prep for their next game. I'm a fan, I can look ahead and count my chickens before they are hatched.
    I think PJ should use most of this for his pre-game speech. My Chili just took a 1,000,000 Scoville leap.

My chili is as hot as it's been during the Fleck tenure. In addition to us having a chance to go 6-0, iowa has a tough matchup. If we win and they lose, we would be getting close to the west division turning into a two team race.

Accordingly, I am going to write in "so hot that my wife cries after every bite despite weighing it down with half a pound of sour cream", which is also a pretty accurate description of her reaction to me making literal chili.

My chili is hot. Scalding - Hot and Spicy Hunan hot pepper pork from the Tea House.

Additionally, if Wisconsin loses to Michigan St. and we defeat the Huskers, the Gophers are your first place Big Ten West team.

Could easily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFueledFF View Post
    My mother's favorite joke was about a couple that was so old they were on their second bottle of Tabasco. When she was on her second bottle of Tabasco she found it less funny.

Great chance to go 6-0 vs a name opponent, night game environment, recruiting mojo, Slash and Bash back together, TM and Co lighting it up, hype machine clicking and whirring...excitement rising

Blog Entries

This one is about as hot as it gets for me !!
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentRampage View Post
    My mother's favorite joke was about a couple that was so old they were on their second bottle of Tabasco. When she was on her second bottle of Tabasco she found it less funny.
    LOL! Post of the day.

I thought it was hot - but I donít think we have a Heisman candidate on our team and donít think we should give PJ a lifetime contract just yet - so clearly not as hot as others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

My chili is so hot that if I spill it on my lap, burn a hole through my bugle boys, and scorch my genitals. I can still watch the game from the Burn ward at University hospital tho!!!!

Yep, pretty hot. I'll have another bowl please...
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!