Rashod Bateman...

Gopher Gildy

Reaction score
Is leading the B1G thus far in receiving yards/game, averaging 107.4 yards. He has 537 yards in 5 games, good for second in the B1G in total receiving yards.

Awesome to see this kid make great progress - such a bright future, most likely on Sundays eventually.

Can someone with elite knowledge levels explain his recruitment? Didn’t he turn down his home team, the #3 ranked Georgia Bulldogs, to come here? Doesn’t he have a “Row The Boat” tattoo on his arm?

I just think it’s a great story so far and was wondering if anyone had additional thoughts/comments...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember right he verballed to us and after that Georgia offered and started giving him attention. He frequently tweeted he was remaining true to his word to play here and wouldn't back out of his verbal saying things like "they're too late."

If I remember right he verballed to us and after that Georgia offered and started giving him attention. He frequently tweeted he was remaining true to his word to play here and wouldn't back out of his verbal saying things like "they're too late."

Yep, he was committed to us after they found him at a satellite camp in Georgia over the summer. At that point, he may have been committed to Georgia Southern (not 100% on that), but he was very light on offers. Our staff jumped on him after that camp. Rashod was all-in, but as his high school season went on, he started gathering a number of other SEC offers. Kirby Smart came and visited him a couple weeks before Signing Day to make a final push, but Rashod was loyal to the Gophers. Hopefully this is a story that will go down as the beginning of PJ truly changing the tide at Minnesota.

He posted on his story after UGA offered “Kirby ain’t so Smart.”

Also had B-ball offers from OSU, Virginia Tech and Penn State.

He posted on his story after UGA offered “Kirby ain’t so Smart.”

I wonder of Georgia's offer was one of those "non comittable" offers too... Georgia just trying to hedge their bets or something. Some kids will still take those offers, others less so. I'd be kinda miffed by such an offer.

I wonder of Georgia's offer was one of those "non comittable" offers too... Georgia just trying to hedge their bets or something. Some kids will still take those offers, others less so. I'd be kinda miffed by such an offer.

I think it was definitely commitable but Bateman was their plan C guy, they struck out on some higher priority targets before and it turned him off.

Given that it came so close to Signing Day, I'd be surprised if it wasn't committable. By that point, I think a lot of people had figured out that Bateman was going to be a P5 impact player.

It was commitable. They did an in home visit on him to try to snag him away. Luckily we were in early on him.

Most of the SEC came hard after his senior year, most got the hint pretty quick that he was sticking with MN though.

Georgia kept pushing up until RB posted that. ������

Yep, he was committed to us after they found him at a satellite camp in Georgia over the summer. At that point, he may have been committed to Georgia Southern (not 100% on that), but he was very light on offers. Our staff jumped on him after that camp. Rashod was all-in, but as his high school season went on, he started gathering a number of other SEC offers. Kirby Smart came and visited him a couple weeks before Signing Day to make a final push, but Rashod was loyal to the Gophers. Hopefully this is a story that will go down as the beginning of PJ truly changing the tide at Minnesota.

LOL! It was too late because he had the Gophers tattoo done before the other offers came. Give credit to Gopher Recruiting under PJ FLeck.

Last edited:

Top Bottom