Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What's a Jerry Palm? Do you get that for 1/2 price on Saturday evenings before 10 pm?
    #NothingShortOfGreatness #RowTheBoat #RowsBowl

I could care less what Jerry married his Palm says.

On Sports Illustrated, four are taking Minnesota and two are going with Nebraska.
    Writer Molly Greary says "At home under the lights against a Nebraska team that may not have Adrian Martinez isn't an overly-daunting test, though the Huskers are a clear step up from recent Minnesota opponents Purdue and Illinois.
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

USA Today's FTW page is siding with Minnesota
    Week 7 game: Nebraska (7:30 p.m. ET) | Undefeated after Week 7: Yes | Since they ran Illinois out of town last weekend — yes, we know it was Illinois — we’re not predicting they drop off this list now. They have momentum and have found a balance on offense.

Dan Harralson- Dink
    Isaiah Hole- Dink
    Keith Stewart- Dink
    Big Game Ben Niewoehner- Dink (Obviously with that name)
    Clucko the Chicken- Dink
    Jerry Palm- Always a Dink
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Blog Entries

The Solid Verbal podcast: Ty went with Nebraska to win outright. Dan went with Minnesota to win by double digits.

Stewart Mandel from The Athletic:

This is a tough one. I strongly suspect the Gophers are not as stellar as their 5-0 record, but Nebraska is arguably more mediocre than its 4-2 record suggests. However, the Huskers’ defense has yet to show it can handle a decent offense, and the Gophers have some weapons in RB Rodney Smith and WRs Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman. Minnesota 38, Nebraska 31

https://theathletic.com/1281260/2019...tball-picks-2/
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Stewart Mandel from The Athletic:

This is a tough one. I strongly suspect the Gophers are not as stellar as their 5-0 record, but Nebraska is arguably more mediocre than its 4-2 record suggests. However, the Huskers’ defense has yet to show it can handle a decent offense, and the Gophers have some weapons in RB Rodney Smith and WRs Tyler Johnson and Rashod Bateman. Minnesota 38, Nebraska 31

https://theathletic.com/1281260/2019...tball-picks-2/
    I knew my Athletic subscription was good for something.
    #NothingShortOfGreatness #RowTheBoat #RowsBowl

USA Today Picks:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...as/3928914002/

Minnesota x4
    Nebraska x2

ESPN's Bill Connelly is taking Minnesota 35-26 with a 70 percent win probability

College Football News has a full prediction with the Gophers edging Nebraska 34-30
    The Huskers aren’t playing well enough to overcome a slew of mistakes, but it’ll keep it close against the Minnesota offense that will stall early, and start working well late. It’ll be entertaining as the Gophers stay unbeaten.
    Last edited by IceBoxGopher; 10-10-2019 at 02:28 PM.

The Detroit Free Press is taking Minnesota, 30-21

Black Shoe Diaries (SB Nation) is going with the Gophers, 28-20

Hammer and Rails (SB Nation) picked Minnesota, 31-21

MLive picked a Gophers victory, 23-17
    The forecast calls for some frigid Big Ten weather Saturday, so don't be surprised to see P.J. Fleck lean heavily on that Minnesota run game. The Cornhuskers remain a dangerous team, especially for a Gophers team that has played with fire much of its unbeaten start

GoIowaAwesome chimes in:

NEBRASKA (4-2) AT MINNESOTA (5-0) (6:30 pm CDT, FS1)
    It’s hard to believe that we’re two weekends into October and Minnesota’s season looks far more promising that Nebraska’s does. It wasn’t supposed to be like this; Scott Frost was supposed to clean up Mike Riley’s leftovers and spin them into gold. It does look like Adrian Martinez will be good to go this weekend, which means Minnesota’s defense is about to get tested in a way its early season collection of Johnny-Come-Notlys and ne’er-show-ups has not managed. Are the Gophers for real? I truly don’t know. I am completely uncertain about this pick. But … I like Nebraska to put it together and dare Minnesota to match it point for point. I think the Huskers get it done.
    Frost 42, Snow 31

https://www.goiowaawesome.com/colleg...-7-2019-season

Go Gophers!!

Ron chimes in:

Minnesota is 5-0 and tied with Wisconsin atop the Big Ten West. The Gophers play fast and have weapons all over the place in QB Tanner Morgan, running back Rodney Smith and wideout Rashod Bateman. Stop big plays and the Huskers stop Minnesota.

At the season’s start, most folks — me included — had this in the Husker win column, but as Duluth, Minn., native Bob Dylan told us, the times they are-a-changin’.

Minnesota 35, Nebraska 17.

https://www.omaha.com/sarpy/inthegam...6e076b44e.html

Go Gophers!!

From The Athletic's Bruce Feldman:

"The Golden Gophers are coming off their most impressive showing of the season, a rout of a mediocre Illinois team. Now they face a Huskers team that blew them out last season. Tanner Morgan has been playing well, but my hunch here is that Nebraska, coming off an emotional win last week, is ready to pull the upset. Nebraska 20, Minnesota 17"

Blog Entries

Keeping fingers crossed...
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!