Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    They are both composite 3 stars, but they are also both 4 stars in 247’s rankings. Gabe Kalscheur was also a 4 star in the 247 rankings.
    I usually just go by 247 composite since I feel that's the most fair.
    I really didn't mean to come across as a dick and I apologize for that.

    I'mm not bashing the players but it isn't correct to say some of these guys are 4 star players. Their rankings could change in the future and I'm sure someone will bump this if it happens but right now they aren't.


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Goofer View Post
    I usually just go by 247 composite since I feel that's the most fair.
    I really didn't mean to come across as a dick and I apologize for that.

    I'mm not bashing the players but it isn't correct to say some of these guys are 4 star players. Their rankings could change in the future and I'm sure someone will bump this if it happens but right now they aren't.
    I disagree. It’s actually incorrect to say they are not 4 stars, if they are being given 4 stars by at least one service. Unless you are giving them a ‘Former Goofer 3-star evaluation’, there’s really not much to argue.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #33

    Default

    .

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Goofer View Post
    I usually just go by 247 composite since I feel that's the most fair.
    I really didn't mean to come across as a dick and I apologize for that.

    I'mm not bashing the players but it isn't correct to say some of these guys are 4 star players. Their rankings could change in the future and I'm sure someone will bump this if it happens but right now they aren't.
    They are labeled by the best ranking they are given by the services. All of them are ranked as 4 stars by a service. Plus all of the articles about Mitchell’s commitment say he is a four star. It is not just us reaching...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Former Goofer View Post
    I usually just go by 247 composite since I feel that's the most fair.
    I really didn't mean to come across as a dick and I apologize for that.

    I'mm not bashing the players but it isn't correct to say some of these guys are 4 star players. Their rankings could change in the future and I'm sure someone will bump this if it happens but right now they aren't.
    I'm not a fan of the composite only because it factors in ESPN. After the top 50ish players ESPN doesn't put a whole lot into their recruiting so it is kind of hard to take them seriously.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    No because I’ve seen our roster this year.
    Tubby's first two years were better than any of Pitino's so far but after that his recruiting fell off a cliff, overall Pitino's has been much better, I don't think the program has been in this good of a shape since the Clem years.

  7. #37

    Default

    If you look at the 247 composite team rankings, here is how we have fared in the B1G each year since 2015: https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Ba...erence=Big-Ten

    2019- 4th
    2018- 8th
    2017 - 11th
    2016- 5th
    2015- 6th

    So our average recruiting ranking in the B1G has been 7th since 2015, right in the middle. I would imagine our average finish is below this, possibly 9th or 10th would be my guess. So recruiting has been average, and B1G records have been below average. And we've turned a corner. Do I have this right?

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    If you look at the 247 composite team rankings, here is how we have fared in the B1G each year since 2015: https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Ba...erence=Big-Ten

    2019- 4th
    2018- 8th
    2017 - 11th
    2016- 5th
    2015- 6th

    So our average recruiting ranking in the B1G has been 7th since 2015, right in the middle. I would imagine our average finish is below this, possibly 9th or 10th would be my guess. So recruiting has been average, and B1G records have been below average. And we've turned a corner. Do I have this right?
    I added some more details.
    Tubby
    2008 Nat#26, B1G#3 8-10 conf record
    2009 Nat#10, B1G#1 Royce, Rodney 9-9
    2010 Nat#—, B1G#— 9-9
    2011 Nat#54, B1G#8 6-12
    2012 Nat#75, B1G#11 6-12

    Pitino
    2013 Nat#91, B1G#11 8-10
    2014 Nat#64, B1G#9 8-10
    2015 Nat#34, B1G#6 6-12
    2016 Nat#30, B1G#5 2-16
    2017 Nat#71, B1G#11 IW 11-7
    2018 Nat#45, B1G#8 4-14
    2019 Nat#37, B1G#4 9-11

    Not quite the argument that you were trying to make.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I added some more details.
    Tubby
    2008 Nat#26, B1G#3 8-10 conf record
    2009 Nat#10, B1G#1 Royce, Rodney 9-9
    2010 Nat#—, B1G#— 9-9
    2011 Nat#54, B1G#8 6-12
    2012 Nat#75, B1G#11 6-12

    Pitino
    2013 Nat#91, B1G#11 8-10
    2014 Nat#64, B1G#9 8-10
    2015 Nat#34, B1G#6 6-12
    2016 Nat#30, B1G#5 2-16
    2017 Nat#71, B1G#11 IW 11-7
    2018 Nat#45, B1G#8 4-14
    2019 Nat#37, B1G#4 9-11

    Not quite the argument that you were trying to make.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Color me confused by the point you're trying to make?

    My argument was pretty clear. Under Pitino, our recruiting has been average in the B1G and our record has been below average.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Color me confused by the point you're trying to make?

    My argument was pretty clear. Under Pitino, our recruiting has been average in the B1G and our record has been below average.
    I do like the trend over that past three years -- pretty solid improvements. Granted, when you start low it's easier to show an improvement. Guess we'll find out soon about this year's class, right now it's looking very solid.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I added some more details.
    Tubby
    2008 Nat#26, B1G#3 8-10 conf record
    2009 Nat#10, B1G#1 Royce, Rodney 9-9
    2010 Nat#—, B1G#— 9-9
    2011 Nat#54, B1G#8 6-12
    2012 Nat#75, B1G#11 6-12

    Pitino
    2013 Nat#91, B1G#11 8-10
    2014 Nat#64, B1G#9 8-10
    2015 Nat#34, B1G#6 6-12
    2016 Nat#30, B1G#5 2-16
    2017 Nat#71, B1G#11 IW 11-7
    2018 Nat#45, B1G#8 4-14
    2019 Nat#37, B1G#4 9-11

    Not quite the argument that you were trying to make.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wasn't 2013 a Tubby year?

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Wasn't 2013 a Tubby year?
    He was let go in March of 2013.. it was the NIT championship season



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    21,700
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    He was let go in March of 2013.. it was the NIT championship season



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    For clarity:

    2012-13 = Tubby season (NCAA 2nd round)

    2013-14 = Pitino season (NIT championship)

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    What I will say is this: making the tournament is one thing, but winning a tournament game is a major next level up from that. The buzz last spring when the Gophs were playing in the Round of 32 was a cool thing. Not just local but national. That's what gets you on kids' radar. No question it made a difference in recruiting. If there's a corner to be turned, it'll be making a Sweet 16. That could be a launching pad.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    He was let go in March of 2013.. it was the NIT championship season



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    But the 8-10 record you are referring to as 2013 is the 2012/13 year that Tubby coached, right? Am I missing something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •