Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Clowns.

Where is the U.N.? If the total U.S. troops only numbered less than 1500, none of which were combat troops, why couldn't the U.N. replace them?
    If at first you donít succeed, then maybe you just suck. Ė Kenny Powers

wake me up when he pulls completely out of Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Where is the U.N.? If the total U.S. troops only numbered less than 1500, none of which were combat troops, why couldn't the U.N. replace them?
    LOL. Right Wingers in America have spent the last 25 years doing everything they can to destroy the UN and everything it represents. Now they are complaining when UN troops aren't there to bail America out of a no-win situation of its' own making. No one should ever forget that this entire fiasco in the Middle East wouldn't be happening if Bush and Cheney hadn't lied about WMD to start an unwinnable war in Iraq that has spread over almost the entire Middle East. Couple that with America's total abandonment of the Palestinians in favor of Israel and it now has become a war our grandchildren and their grandchildren will have to fight. American troops aren't leaving the Middle East anytime soon. Maybe not ever.
    Last edited by Cruze; 10-09-2019 at 01:32 PM.

The President is tweeting about Joe Biden while he's watching him on TV in the middle of the afternoon.

How can anyone doubt this man's foreign policy decisions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    It's almost like at every turn, Don does what Vlad would want him to do. Gee, I wonder why?

Fox News’ National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin reported on Wednesday that sources told her President Donald Trump “went off script” during his call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and “essentially greenlighted” Turkey’s military operation in Northern Syria

Live from the Pentagon, Griffin declared, “I’m told by well-placed sources that the president ‘went off script’ from what his national security team gave him as talking points in his phone conversation with the Turkish president.”

“Shock continues to reverberate through the U.S. military that the White House essentially greenlighted this Turkish operation during that conversation. As one senior military source put it to me, ‘A lot of people will die. A complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria is now all but assured,'” she continued, adding, “Sources also tell Fox the Turkish operation is much broader than originally believed, far wider, far deeper than expected.”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/fox-n...ough-military/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tredwell View Post
    Fox News’ National Security Correspondent Jennifer Griffin reported on Wednesday that sources told her President Donald Trump “went off script” during his call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and “essentially greenlighted” Turkey’s military operation in Northern Syria

Live from the Pentagon, Griffin declared, “I’m told by well-placed sources that the president ‘went off script’ from what his national security team gave him as talking points in his phone conversation with the Turkish president.”

“Shock continues to reverberate through the U.S. military that the White House essentially greenlighted this Turkish operation during that conversation. As one senior military source put it to me, ‘A lot of people will die. A complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria is now all but assured,'” she continued, adding, “Sources also tell Fox the Turkish operation is much broader than originally believed, far wider, far deeper than expected.”

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/fox-n...ough-military/
    Pretty much what we all knew. Done on a whim by a stable genius.

Don't care, I want to withdraw from the middle east. A lot of people will die regardless of our actions. If you support US military intervention in the region, that's fine, I just disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Pretty much what we all knew. Done on a whim by a stable genius.
    Most people would either agree with the decision or disagree. Howie does neither (because coward) and opposes that it was done on a whim. Of course, we don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Don't care, I want to withdraw from the middle east. A lot of people will die regardless of our actions. If you support US military intervention in the region, that's fine, I just disagree.
    Agreed.
    Who hates iowa?

“I have a little conflict of interest because I have a major, major building in Istanbul,” Trump said in 2015. “It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers — two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two,” Trump said in an interview with Stephen Bannon, then chairman of Breitbart News.

Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm when he became President.

Blog Entries

Default Turkish artillery and aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Iím willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this move, but I also believe that it could end up with unintended consequences. Hopefully, Turkey will honor its commitment not to destroy the Kurds, and Trump has threatened to take it out on Turkey economically if they do. I do feel for the Kurds b/c they sacrificed many lives fighting ISIS, but itís not like they havenít benefited from the US at great costs to us either, primarily by defeating Saddam Hussein.

Honestly though, I think this is more about a campaign promise than strategic thinking, b/c Trump hasnít had much to point at as far as reducing military presence in foreign conflicts. It may end up costing us more later if ISIS is reconstituted or greater turmoil drags us back into the region under more difficult circumstances.
    Kurdish held towns are now subject to random bombardment by Turkish artillery. Non combatants are experiencing heavy casualties and major buildings are being crumbled. I'll tell you what is strategic about this type of attack: winter. Winter will end up killing thousands more as the Turks have crippled the shelters for thousands of people in Syria. It is genocide pure and simple.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...us-in-normandy

Logic abounds:

“The Kurds are fighting for their land,” Trump told reporters at the White House during an event in the Roosevelt Room.

“And as somebody wrote in a very, very powerful article today, they didn’t help us in the second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy as an example. They mentioned names of different battles. But they’re there to help us with their land and that’s a different thing.”