Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Do you think the kurds have differentiated in Turkey?

Like S2 said, whether we are there or not people in the ME are going to die. And like I said, that area has been at war since the beginning of time. Us being there isn't going to stop what is clearly an unstoppable force. Bring our troops home.
    Or are they still at war because the West keeping meddling?
    Jaws was never my scene, and I don't like Star Wars.

This current development is obviously complex & nuanced. But broadly speaking, Trump appears to take his foreign policy cues from Russia and other foreign leaders and disregard traditional Western allies and our own military leaders. His foreign policy moves appear to at least indirectly impact Trump Co. It's these shifting allegiances that have me concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokomis View Post
    Or are they still at war because the West keeping meddling?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    no
    What do you mean no? You don't think the perpetual shifting of arms and allegiances has any impact on the instability of the region? Why are we pulling troops out of Syria only to send more to Saudi Arabia?

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post

How can that be?

Trump was defending his decision to remove American troops from a part of northern Syria that Turkey wanted to attack. Speaking to reporters on the White House lawn, Trump asserted, "We have no soldiers in Syria."

"We've won, we beat ISIS, and we beat 'em badly and decisively. We have no soldiers. The last thing I want to do is bring thousands and thousands of soldiers in and defeat everybody again. We've already done that," Trump said.

Mr. Stop Endless Wars is sending 1500 more troops to Saudi Arabia.

What do you mean no? You don't think the perpetual shifting of arms and allegiances has any impact on the instability of the region? Why are we pulling troops out of Syria only to send more to Saudi Arabia?
    There is just a lot of hatred for each other over there. Islam is not, it turns out, a peaceful religion.

Take a look at this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_Middle_East

Blog Entries

The Saudi's pay cash and lend a lot of it to Jared.

I think our forces are at risk. Plenty of reason for concern.

Blog Entries

This looks like Benghazi on steroids. I assume those who screeched about it for years will now use their experience to angrily hold Trump accountable with multiple investigations.

There is just a lot of hatred for each other over there. Islam is not, it turns out, a peaceful religion.

Take a look at this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_Middle_East
    The only Theocracy is Iran. The others are run by Tyrants who use Islam as a tool for having an iron fist upon the people.
    This does not mean that Islam is not a religion intent on expansion. It is, much like Christianity. But, the rulers in the Middle East are Machiavellian. They use the local religion to hold power for themselves. Turkey and Saudi Arabia are prime examples.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    The only Theocracy is Iran. The others are run by Tyrants who use Islam as a tool for having an iron fist upon the people.
    This does not mean that Islam is not a religion intent on expansion. FALSEIt is, much like Christianity. FALSE. But, the rulers in the Middle East are Machiavellian. They use the local religion to hold power for themselves. Turkey and Saudi Arabia are prime examples.
    oof

oof
    Your response is what I expected. Perhaps if you read what I wrote, you would have a deeper response. But, I suspect you don't really want to explore the nuance of Islam when your naive opinion solves your prejudice just fine.

oof