Rand: Five things to watch for this week (MN can become bowl eligible with win)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

We're at the start of October and talking about being bowl eligible ... I'm out of evens...

I think the Gophers are much better than Nebraska at this point and if we don’t go 8-0 into Penn State I’d say we underperformed in these next few games!

I think the Gophers are much better than Nebraska at this point and if we don’t go 8-0 into Penn State I’d say we underperformed in these next few games!

I agree with you on the surface but also don't think we have a huge margin for error. Would be really disappointing to lose to Rutgers given how bad they have been. Nebraska and Maryland are also extremely winnable games as long as we come out and play well. If we are anything less than 7-1 heading into the Penn State game that would be a disappointment based on how things have gone to this point. 8-0 feels like a very real possibility though which is not something that happens around here very often.

I agree with you on the surface but also don't think we have a huge margin for error. Would be really disappointing to lose to Rutgers given how bad they have been. Nebraska and Maryland are also extremely winnable games as long as we come out and play well. If we are anything less than 7-1 heading into the Penn State game that would be a disappointment based on how things have gone to this point. 8-0 feels like a very real possibility though which is not something that happens around here very often.

I don't think I'd use "extremely" winnable for Maryland. They can be pretty good, depending. I feel good about Nebraska; as long as the Top25 ranking doesn't go to their heads, we haven't seen that happen before - right.

I don't think I'd use "extremely" winnable for Maryland. They can be pretty good, depending. I feel good about Nebraska; as long as the Top25 ranking doesn't go to their heads, we haven't seen that happen before - right.

Maryland is really hard to get a read on. Not sure how you go from being able to drop 63 on what was most likely a very over rated Syracuse team to only scoring 17 on Temple and then getting shut out by Penn State. Will be interesting to see how they do against Purdue and Indiana leading up to our game.

The fact that we get them at TCF makes me more confident in our ability to come out on top in that one.

Most of us are still hoping for Big Ten West Champiuonship and the chance to earn a spot in CFP, and then turn it down for Rose Bowl bid, but it is interesting that Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State all seen as very good nationally. McMurphy ESPN has Gophers to Outback Bowl (Ohio State final four, Bucky Rose, Penn State Cotton).

Top Bottom