Richard Pitino: P.J. Fleck is Doing a ‘phenomenal’ Job with Gophers Football

You put caps on at EVERY TURN. Simply not true and you ignore the positive things i take note of. Always say it is my opinion. If you do not like it, do not read it.

How many of your posts recite RP's conference record? Why do you feel the need to repeat it darn near daily? Do you get paid for posting it?

I, for one, am really high on all of our programs right now. I was a Fleck doubter, but he's changed my mind. Glad to be wrong about him. As far as Pitino, I wasn't sold on him until after his first season. Realized he was a clear upgrade over Tubby Smith. Since then, Pitino has shown he can field a Top 15 program if things go our way. To me, that says a lot about Pitino's capabilities. Really happy with both programs (and all the other Gophers teams for that matter)

Given that we have never had a top 15 team, what does this even mean?

Pretty sure we were Top 15 when we faced Miami in the Barn a couple years back.

I thought they were ranked around 12th-14th in 2017-2018, then Lynch was suspended indefinitely and we all know what happened after that.

You have your opinion, i have mine.

We know, you keep telling us every time someone gives praise to Pitino.

I was just responding to a generic claim that Pitino is not having success at the U. We always want better and expect improvements, but getting to the tourney 2 of the last three years is not chopped liver. I did not say he was the best coach in the history of the game. Throw the guy a bone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40-70 is a lack of success. Iam still all in but need to see a bunch of 13-7 seasons to see that we actually earn a top 25 program status level. I would call that a success. If we get to year 10 without a conference title, even one , i would not call it a success. I also never compare it to football. Football is much more difficult to build a power. In hoops i have a dozen examples of guys that built really good programs, some of those elite. Of course it goes back to how each person defines elite, success and so on. In my world,40-70 is miles away from good. Hell, i think .500 is average. Elite is conference titles, multiple. Big winning numbers in the tournament, final 4, national title. All of that is just me. Not mocking anyone else for thinking 9-11 is really good.

No need to worry. There isn't a single person who thinks 9-11 is really good, so there is no one to mock.

Built won’t answer why he repeats rp conference record. And repeats.

We know, you keep telling us every time someone gives praise to Pitino.

I was just responding to a generic claim that Pitino is not having success at the U. We always want better and expect improvements, but getting to the tourney 2 of the last three years is not chopped liver. I did not say he was the best coach in the history of the game. Throw the guy a bone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have noted dozens of times when i see fit.

I've been following this site for about a year now, feel like this conversation has been going on the entire time. Give it a rest guys.

Same here. I actually stumbled upon the site during the “Dorsey tweet”, and have since found it super helpful for recruiting news and other info regarding the program. Thanks for the great insight! However, yes, the debate over Pitino gets pretty old, and I try to skip over it. I considered pulling up the Matthew Hurt thread (I’m almost positive it was this thread) from a few months ago where there was like 7+ page back and forth where the mods had to finally step in. There was one comment, “Oh, this is still going” - it comes to mind when threads get quickly and frequently derailed. Again - thanks for all the great info though. I would hardly know anything about the players we are recruiting without it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom