Who is the Gopher season MVP through week 6?

Gopher season MVP after week 6 is...

• Tanner Morgan

Votes: 61 84.7%
  • Rashod Bateman

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winfield Jr.

• Carter Coughlin

• PJ Fleck (doesn't play but he runs fast)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Vote it up folks! Lots of great performances so far!

I'm going with Tanner Morgan at this point, still plenty of time to flush out who will be the overall MVP!

Go Gophers!

Tanner. Lots of great plays by lots of players. But in the end, several games came down to one drive and he's took the team on his shoulders and won those games.

Tanner gets my vote, and it's not close. He has played great, done a good job utilizing his various weapons. When I try to conceptualize an MVP, i usually start by imagining what losing any individual player to injury would do to my optimism for our record at the end of the year. Losing Tanner would have been more scared than the others.

Morgan. Easy peasy.

To think that Fleck said that the QB position was wide open thie Spring. Zack is the forgotten man.

Morgan is the easy vote here. The others on the list are all playing well but the poise and leadership Morgan has shown was key in pulling out those early season wins.

Toss up for me between Morgan and Bateman.

Morgan has been clutch when it counts, easy vote. Bateman/Johnson as a combo would be a close 2nd.

I went with Bateman. His huge catches were game changers.

Tough to pick just one. But if forced I say Morgan

Lost a ton at defensive tackle and DewTreadway and Renner have stepped up.

Lost a NFL type talent at left tackle and a very good center...Schlueter and Olson have really stepped up.

I suppose with Annexsad still out, Morgan would be a bigger loss to our O right now but if we still had Annexstad as a healthy backup to Morgan, I think losing Bateman to a season ending injury would be much more devastating to our O than losing Tanner would be. And maybe that still would be the case with Kramer as the backup.

Top Bottom