Minnesota opens -6.5 vs Nebraska

Generous...but I said the same thing about Illinois.

About what I figured to open. Seems fair.

They want to sucker in those Nebraska fans to bet Huskers.

Perfectly set up for a Gophs curb stomping/spread busting coming out party on a national cable TV night game.

Would expect that to come down quite quickly from Neb homers to be followed by a bunch of sharps betting on the gophers.

Right where SP has the differential.

Did any of you guys who think too high see Illini offense vs Huskers?

Penn State 2.5 faves in Kinnick. Sparty 9.5 dogs in Camp Randall.

Go Green! Go White! And, We are! Penn State!

Penn State has Kinnick, Harbaugh at Happy Valley and then to East Lansing, then bye, then has to travel half way across the country and change time zones to face us. We have NE here, at RU, MD here, then bye before hosting PSU.

Penn State has Kinnick, Harbaugh at Happy Valley and then to East Lansing, then bye, then has to travel half way across the country and change time zones to face us. We have NE here, at RU, MD here, then bye before hosting PSU.

Nope, SP has differential around 9-10 right now.
Minnesota's performance this week launched them way up the SP+ ladder.
Smart money bet is on the Gophers ATS even at 6.5 this week.

That's before you look at Nebraska's missing QB.

I'm most worried about the weather next week.
34 degrees and sleet at kickoff means that the Gophers passing attack better be prepared for the elements.

But boy I would love to see Minnesota progress this week.
No turnovers and tight throws would be great.

Fleck and co also need to have the Green package ready to rumble because as much as I would love to see this game played in the air, I think it's going to be won in the trenches.

Last edited:

Concur. Nebraska is a very dangerous team with four or five playmakers that can break a game wide open. -3 Nebraska would make more sense. Look for a change as the week goes on.

So you expect a 10 point swing in the line...interesting. I can think of four or five play makers for the gophers who can break it wide open.

Depends. Who will have more fans in attendance?

I was at the Oregon vs Nebraska game in Eugene. Oregon fans told us they had never seen so many visiting fans. Once we all settled in for kickoff it was less than 20% Nebraska fans (I’m guessing) Still impressive but I hope enough gopher fans show up to make it a decidedly home crowd.

Don't be thinking about Penn St right now. That's how you get beat.

We have Nebraska at home, this week.

Granted, I will absolutely be rooting for Penn St to give Iowa another loss. That would set us up nicely, with what I assume will be another Iowa loss in Madison.

-6.5 seems about right for the Gophers at home with two injured QBs on the Nebraska side.

Vegas doesn't see historical school records and reputations when they make the spread. I'm sure it was adjusted to match their injuries and the Gopher defense against Illinois who moved up and down the field against Nebraska.

I realize that there is little public news about the health of Martinez and Spielman and Frost has said both injuries were not serious but with a 6.5 point spread in favor of the Gophers, you have to assume someone knows that Martinez (at least) likely won't be playing next Saturday.

I realize that there is little public news about the health of Martinez and Spielman and Frost has said both injuries were not serious but with a 6.5 point spread in favor of the Gophers, you have to assume someone knows that Martinez (at least) likely won't be playing next Saturday.

Without Martinez, spread would be closer to 9.5...

I’ll take a homefield-aided, 3 point victory. W is a W.

They always know...

maxresdefault.jpg

So you expect a 10 point swing in the line...interesting. I can think of four or five play makers for the gophers who can break it wide open.

+1

We are so conditioned to seeing the game breakers on the other side of the field....but we have some guys now that can house it every time they touch the football.

A conversation with my father in law last night. He is coming into town so I invited him to the game:

Nebraska is in the Big 10 now? Huh....

dJVHzSQ.gif

Granted the writers for the NE school newspaper are as biased as they come, I think they feel pretty confident about this weekend:

Minnesota is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Northwestern. Sitting at 5-0, the Gophers are still starving for respect. Its 40-17 win over Illinois Saturday was its first by more than seven points all season. The AP still hasn’t ranked the Gophers, one of only two unbeaten teams (Appalachian State) to be left out.

To add more fuel to the fire, Nebraska opened as a 2.5-point favorite in the matchup according to multiple sports books. Let me repeat: A team playing a road night game potentially without its starting quarterback, leading receiver and kicker that hasn’t beaten a ranked team on the road since 2011 is favored over a 5-0 team.

They do have some weapons - Wan-dale is very good. It pisses me off every time Spielman makes a great play that he's not a Gopher. Let's Go Gophers!

Granted the writers for the NE school newspaper are as biased as they come, I think they feel pretty confident about this weekend:

Minnesota is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Northwestern. Sitting at 5-0, the Gophers are still starving for respect. Its 40-17 win over Illinois Saturday was its first by more than seven points all season. The AP still hasn’t ranked the Gophers, one of only two unbeaten teams (Appalachian State) to be left out.

To add more fuel to the fire, Nebraska opened as a 2.5-point favorite in the matchup according to multiple sports books. Let me repeat: A team playing a road night game potentially without its starting quarterback, leading receiver and kicker that hasn’t beaten a ranked team on the road since 2011 is favored over a 5-0 team.

They do have some weapons - Wan-dale is very good. It pisses me off every time Spielman makes a great play that he's not a Gopher. Let's Go Gophers!

are they still available somewhere as 2.5 pt favorites? Everywhere I've looked where you can actually bet has the gophers as a TD favorite

are they still available somewhere as 2.5 pt favorites? Everywhere I've looked where you can actually bet has the gophers as a TD favorite

No. It never was a line that could be bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom