Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Minnesota Gophers make their debut in the Coaches Poll at #25 in Week 7

Great news!

Should be ranked even higher in the AP.

Default Minnesota Gophers make their debut in the Coaches Poll at #25 in Week 7

Underdogs no more.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Great news!

Should be ranked even higher in the AP.
    I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Last week, we were 30th in vote points in the coaches and 33rd in the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I hope you're right, but I doubt it. Last week, we were 30th in vote points in the coaches and 33rd in the AP.
    I thought it was the other way around, never mind.

Yeah, unlikely we'll be ranked but we'll see.

BOOM! Let’s go!

Helps in recruiting, helps in generating fan interest.

Can help in Bowl game selection.

Beat Nebraska!

It will now be significantly easier to locate information about the Gopher game on the internet.

Good to see, a week earlier than I figured. Surprised Cinci didn't make it back in...and how the h*ll is TX A&M still ranked...should have dropped out last week...oh, wait, look who they play next week.

AP Ballots for Pitt, Iowa State, Arizona, Tulane and Cinci that weren’t there last week.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Why does that AP Top 25 poll show 26 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Good to see, a week earlier than I figured. Surprised Cinci didn't make it back in...and how the h*ll is TX A&M still ranked...should have dropped out last week...oh, wait, look who they play next week.
    Exactly! Can't deprive Bama from getting a win against a ranked team.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

What a sight!! Makes my Sunday indeed a "funday"

Coaches Poll is all that matters. Who even looks at the AP? Hacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

From the Gophers standpoint, I think it's good timing for them to move into the top 25. I'm not sure they would have handled it well until now, but they seem to be finding a rhythm and probably have the right upcoming opponents to get used to being in this position. There are no guarantees, but, in a perfect world, they would be able to gain some confidence heading into the last month of the conference games.