Changed your prediction of Gophers W-L record based on 6 weeks of the season?

Hoped they would win six, now they have a shot at eight (or nine with a bowl win). Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa will be very tough opponents - and Maryland and Northwestern just a shade behind them. Nebraska is a toss up.

As of right now, Minnesota should be favored by 9.6 against Nebraska, 8.8 against Maryland, and 11.1 against Northwestern.

Same dink, different city.

I had 8-4 beforehand. I think they’ll lose one between Maryland/Nebraska and lose two between PSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin. So I’m thinking they go 9-3 now.

Anyone could tell you coming into the season that the @Iowa, Penn St, and Wisconsin games were going to be tough. That's easy.

Before the start of the year, I thought the @Purdue and the @NW games were going to be tough too. So I thought 7 wins sounded right as a most likely case (and hoping somehow that they could trade a win over Nebraska for a win over Wisconsin).

Standing where we're at now, having already won the @Purdue game, with the @NW game not looking so bad, and with none of the other games really seeming to have taken a turn for the worst (arguably, Maryland might be the most shaky, but it's at home) ... I think the 6-8 likely range has shifted up by two games, to an 8-10 likely range.

If things fall our way, if Iowa loses three Big Ten games and Wisconsin can manage to lose two, we could realistically control our own destiny going into the final game for the Axe on winning the West!

We are who I thought we were, more or less. I think I predicted 9 wins and I’ll stick with that for now.

I think I predicted 9 wins at the start of the year (including the bowl game). Dont think in ready to move off of that number yet, but I would be more surprised by 8 than by 10 at this point. If we can take care of business against some pretty bad opponents, and win 1 or 2 of the tough ones (right now, Wisconsin, PSU, and Iowa are the only ones I dont have squarely in the "we should win if we dont choke column"), this could be a special year.

11 wins - only loss a tough loss at Iowa

I predicted 8-4, going 8-0 and then 0-4.

I'm thinking we beat Rutgers and loose to Iowa, PSU and Wisconsin.

That leaves Nebraska, Maryland and Northwestern as the tossups.

I really want to say we'll go 3-0 in those games which my heart is telling me. My head however is telling me we'll go 2-1 in those 3.

I really, really want to say we go 9-3 but I don't know if I'm ready to pull the trigger on that yet. But I'm not ready to say we go 8-4 either.

If you include the (likely) bowl game however then I'll say we go 9-4 and go 3-1 against Nebraska, Maryland, Northwestern and the bowl opponent with a win at Rutgers and losses to the 3 ranked teams.

So my end of season prediction is 9-4.

I said before the season I'd be disappointed with anything less than 9 wins. I based that on going 7-1 or 8-0 going into the PSU game, so we are right on track!

First three games had me feeling foolish. Now we have to make sure to play hard against Nebraska and win back the Chair!

Go Gophers!

I had 8-4 and I am going to stick with that. I still think our squad is headed toward 8-4 but if it does get to 8-0, I may bump it up to 9 or 10. We'll see. Just because my pre-season record prediction is still on track, doesn't mean things have gone exactly the way I expected. I expected much more comfortable wins early on - especially against SDSU and Georgia State Southern. On the other hand, the Purdue was a bit easier than I expected and I have been particularly encouraged the way there has been steady improvement, especially over the past two games.

So, either that improvement will continue or plateau. If it plateaus I think my original 8-4 prediction is still a good one. If the improvement continues (not to mention the good luck with injuries), things may end up better than I anticipated.

Top Bottom