Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Changed your prediction of Gophers W-L record based on 6 weeks of the season?

Have the results of College Football's first six weeks changed where you thought the Gophers would finish?
    I figured they'd be 5-0 right now but I thought (like everyone else) that they would have been more dominant vs South Dakota State and Georgia Southern.
    I had thought we had a good chance to win vs Penn State and Wisconsin at home based on grad losses and new QBs at those schools. But PSU and UW are playing so well that I think there's only a slim chance in both games.
    Until yesterday, I thought we only had a very slim chance in Iowa City, but the Hawkeyes only had one rushing yard and three points in the Big House, so I feel like the Gophers have a decent chance in that game.
    I feel more confident about a win vs Nebraska next week based on how the Huskers have played and the fact Martinez got hurt. That guy scares me. We have a really, really good chance to win at Northwestern.
    Maryland, I can't figure out. Before the season I thought we'd win based on their graduation losses and the revenge factor. Then the Terps looked so good in their first two games. I thought Oh-Oh, maybe it will be a repeat of last year's game in College Park. Then the Terps laid an egg against Temple and got killed by Penn State and I was back to being really confident. Then, even though Rutgers is bad, 48-7 is pretty dominant. So I'm back to being unsure of that game.

What about you? How do you feel about the Gophers final record now after seeing what their future opponents have done so far?

I picked them to go 9-3.

If anything, I'm more optimistic now than I was then.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

The way they looked against inferior opponents during non-conference really had me concerned. But what I’ve seen over the past few weeks has me optimistic that we are capable of beating any team on our schedule. The team has proven they can win in a multitude of ways. Last second clutch plays — check. Ground and pound running attack — check. Aerial assault — check. Now, can they do it consistently? That remains to be seen. If I’m an opposing coach game planning for the Gophers I would be extremely uncomfortable. They can be a dangerous team and have shown the ability to take advantage of what other teams scheme to beat them. If they continue the momentum over the next three games I like their chances on any given week.

Blog Entries

I think this week vs Nebraska will tell us a lot. Originally I was not sure we would beat Fresno on the road or Purdue. The start of the season was shaky and we were close to losing a few of them. Team looks much more unified now and is playing much better football since big ten started. Beat the Huskers! I think 9 wins is realistic.

Default Changed your prediction of Gophers W-L record based on 6 weeks of the season?

Wisconsin struggled against a team with no QB (Northwestern). They had a nice win over Michigan, who was slumping at the time, but their other wins were against very bad teams. I’m not completely sold on them yet. Our game against them to close out the season could easily end up being for the West title.

I’ll say 9-10 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with 9+ wins before the season.
    Expected 5-0 then 8-0.
    Was concerned at 3-0.
    Not so concerned at 5-0.
    I’m sticking with my original prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

I had predicted 8 as a floor and 10 as a ceiling. I’ll stick with that but hope for more

No change. I had predicted 9-3 with wins up until a loss to Maryland. I feel more confident that it will happen because 5 of them are already banked, but the team looks slightly weaker than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    I had predicted 8 as a floor and 10 as a ceiling. I’ll stick with that but hope for more
    I said the exact same thing. This team has some moxie and if the run game continues to get on track and the D plays like it did yesterday I like our chances in about any game. Exciting times! Only have been waiting 40+ years as a fan for a chance.

I predicted 1-0 in the SDSU season.
    Then I was 50-50 on the Fresno St season.
    Then I was 1-0 in the GSU season.
    Then I was 50-50 on our chances in the Purdue season.
    Then for Illinois, I was thinking 1-0 in the Illinois season.

Now none of that matters.
    It's all about the Nebraska season and I'm 50-50 on that one.

Coming in I think I felt confident about 5 of the seasons.
    About 50-50 on 5 other seasons.
    And doubtful on 2 seasons.

At this point, I'm still doubtful on 2 seasons.
    I have one season left I feel 1-0 about.
    And four seasons that are 50-50.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

9 wins. Staying the same
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I predicted 1-0 in the SDSU season.
    Then I was 50-50 on the Fresno St season.
    Then I was 1-0 in the GSU season.
    Then I was 50-50 on our chances in the Purdue season.
    Then for Illinois, I was thinking 1-0 in the Illinois season.

Now none of that matters.
    It's all about the Nebraska season and I'm 50-50 on that one.

Coming in I think I felt confident about 5 of the seasons.
    About 50-50 on 5 other seasons.
    And doubtful on 2 seasons.

At this point, I'm still doubtful on 2 seasons.
    I have one season left I feel 1-0 about.
    And four seasons that are 50-50.
    I think Fleck's "season" thing makes a lot of sense for players and coaches.

But for us fans? Nah. We're fans. That word was derived from fanatic.

I think if you keep calling each game a season, here on a fan board, it might get tiresome.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Blog Entries

Early prediction 9.
    Current projection 9 or more.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

I am changing my prediction to 12-0. #hopelessoptimists

I said 9 wins. Sticking with it.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk