Gopher statistical leaders

Com_Cool

Reaction score
I have some updates to gopher all time records.

Rodney Smith has been making progress on career rushing yards (#4: 3,498). Rodney moved up to a 3 way tie for career rushing touchdowns this week (#6: 24). The tie is with Ricky Foggie and Thomas Tapeh.

Tyler Johnson is at #5 currently for career receptions and receiving yards (#5: 155, #5: 2337). He moved up a place in career receiving touchdowns this week (#3: 25) passing Eric Decker (#4: 24).

Tanner Morgan has now entered the career passing TD list tied with Tim Schade (#10: 22). His performance against Purdue put him on the single game top 10 list (#7: 396) tied with Brian Cupito's 2005 performance against OSU. Tanner will need a lot more passing yards to crack the career or single season top 10 lists, but he will enter the top 10 single season TD passing list next week if he throws 2 TDs.

Tanner Morgan:

All Time Passing Stats:
TDs: #10 (25)

It's a pretty sad indictment of our historical slate of QBs that Tanner Morgan has started 12 games (one full regular season) and is now top 10 in passing TDs.

I didn't realize Coughlin was so high up our all-time sacks list. Could potentially hit #2 before the year is over.

I've updated the wiki page with stats from the Nebraska game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_statistical_leaders

Notes:

Rodney Smith:

All Time Rushing Stats:
Yards: #5 (3,637)
TDs: #6 (25)

Tyler Johnson:

All Time Receiving Stats:
Receptions: #4 (160)
Yards: #4 (2,446)
TDs: #3 (25)

Tanner Morgan:

All Time Passing Stats:
TDs: #10 (25)

Cool stat page. Terry Jackson had a couple of great games, forgot how good he was for a season...

Cool stat page. Terry Jackson had a couple of great games, forgot how good he was for a season...
He basically carried the team for most of one season. in 03' Barber, Maroney, and Tapeh left basically no carries for Mr. Jackson.

Top Bottom