Shooter: 2 parking lots near TCF Bank Stadium were charging $30 per car on Saturday

That is pretty cheap. Should they be charging more?

Does anybody know which lot he is referring to? I didn’t know any lots around there ever had single game parking. If I could tailgate near the stadium for only $30 a game, I’d be doing that every week.

Seriously, is he insinuating that’s too much? Too little? What a bizarre comment to publish.

This Shooter guy is real smart. St. Thomas might play football at "Alliance" field if they move up. How embarrasing.

This just in. A beer at TCF Bank Stadium costs $9.50.

$38.00 please.

Does anybody know which lot he is referring to? I didn’t know any lots around there ever had single game parking. If I could tailgate near the stadium for only $30 a game, I’d be doing that every week.

Seriously, is he insinuating that’s too much? Too little? What a bizarre comment to publish.

I think too little. And I don't think a U lot was doing this, so you can't tailgate there anyway. But, yeah, weird thing to publish.

Parking lots around Minute Maid Park were charging $60 per car for the Astros/Rays game this evening. So my question is....what is his point?

He didn't say anything about tailgating.

Is this his full time job?

Did a little birdie tell him this?

I think too little. And I don't think a U lot was doing this, so you can't tailgate there anyway. But, yeah, weird thing to publish.

In years past I saw people tailgating at Days Inn, not sure if you still can

In years past I saw people tailgating at Days Inn, not sure if you still can

Yes, but you have to be registered as a guest. The place is usually sold out months in advance.

As for Shooter, he’s like Sid now, without being a fan or having any real inside information.

Last edited:

Speaking as an older fellow, and a cheap SOB to boot - I would never pay $30 just to park my freakin' car for a football game or a concert. Never. I would rather park a couple of miles away and walk to the field instead of paying $30 to park.

So, I assume Shooter is hinting at price-gouging.

In an odd way, this is good news for the Gopher program. You expect parking lot operators to jack up their prices for Vikings game, or Twins if they're in the playoffs. So, the fact that people think the Gophers have become a big enough draw to warrant price-gouging is a compliment to the Gophers.

Speaking as an older fellow, and a cheap SOB to boot - I would never pay $30 just to park my freakin' car for a football game or a concert. Never. I would rather park a couple of miles away and walk to the field instead of paying $30 to park.

In an odd way, this is good news for the Gopher program. You expect parking lot operators to jack up their prices for Vikings game, or Twins if they're in the playoffs. So, the fact that people think the Gophers have become a big enough draw to warrant price-gouging is a compliment to the Gophers.

Pricing appropriately according to market demand is not price gouging.

Pricing appropriately according to market demand is not price gouging.

Plus there are plenty of other options for cheaper prices.

$30 isn't really that bad unless you go by yourself. Split it with 4 or 5 ways and it isn't too bad.

Maybe he has a word or character minimum he needs to meet?

This Shooter guy is real smart. St. Thomas might play football at "Alliance" field if they move up. How embarrasing.

I got a kick out of the "error". I worked at Allianz for 10 years before I retired. You would have been amazed at the number of people calling in who pronounced it as "Alliance". One year, our volunteer t-shirts actually showed how to pronounce the name. Might have been a Charlie error or some editor who doesn't know better. So much for the visibility of naming rights at Allianz Field!

A couple miles away is probably a 40 minute walk. Street parking around there is either metered or permit only, so it's a ways away to find free parking. If I am by myself, I park over by 280 and hop on the light rail for $4 round trip. Parked Saturday in Oak street lot for $20. Had two others with me and with the weather, well worth the price.

Against my better judgement I clicked the link to see what the context was for Shooter's comment about parking prices. Of course there was none, no clue what his point is in printing it. $30 is a lot to pay for parking but it is certainly not unusual to see parking fees that high at sporting events and concerts. Up to fans if they want to pay the higher fees to park closer to the venue, if you want to pay less you have to park farther away and walk more, like that for basically any event anywhere.

As is the case with much of what Shooter "writes" we are left asking the question....."and your point is?"

Not in Inglewood...

A couple miles away is probably a 40 minute walk. Street parking around there is either metered or permit only, so it's a ways away to find free parking. If I am by myself, I park over by 280 and hop on the light rail for $4 round trip. Parked Saturday in Oak street lot for $20. Had two others with me and with the weather, well worth the price.

There is a fair amount of (free) street parking within about 20-minute walk to TCF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the little birdie ever told him what it costs to park in the closest parking lost to US Bank?

$30 is cheap in today's market.

I am a cheapskate when it comes to parking.

I have paid for parking for a Gopher football game one time that I can remember, and it was due to a couple of hothouse flowers that were along for the game as guests.

If I walk over a mile, it is not by much, and I check in on the tailgate scene along the way.

I'm amused that two parking lots rumored to be charging $30 is what gets MN fans going ;)

Top Bottom