[PREDICT THE SPREAD] - Minnesota vs Nebraska

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Might not get an actual spread for a few days until it’s more clear whether Martinez is playing... but initial reports make it sound like he will be OK.

What do you think the spread will be next week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m guessing a Pk

I’ll go with Minnesota -5.

If it comes out at -2.5 or less call up the mortgage broker, refinance, and back the truck up to bet it all on the Gophers.

My head says Minnesota -5.5.
My heart says Minnesota -3.

Given how enamored people have been with Frost&Co I’m guessing Vegas makes Nebbie a 2 -3 pt favorite. If they made the gophs 3-5 pt favorites tons of money would come in on Nebbie and put them at risk for a big loss.

Minnesota - Picked 5th or 6th in Big Ten West.
Nebraska - Picked as a possible CFP team, and at worst a Big Ten West finalist.

Nebraska by 37.

If I understand how it works, the oddsmakers seek an even balance, with money being bet more or less equally on both teams. That way they are guaranteed to make a profit (because of the vig).

With that in mind, I picture lots of well-to-do Nebraska fans with very deep pockets, lost in the exuberance of their win over Northwestern and basking in the memory of the Huskers thumping the Gophers last season, putting money down on Frost's team.

I'm thinking it may open at Nebraska -2. Just a guess.

Can't see any way Nebraska is favored.

I predict “OFF” until we know Martinez’s status.

I’ll go with Minnesota -5.

If it comes out at -2.5 or less call up the mortgage broker, refinance, and back the truck up to bet it all on the Gophers.

MN at -5 is what I was thinking also; at least that's what I've been texting a few Husker fans I know. We'll see

I predict “OFF” until we know Martinez’s status.

They don't do that all the time like they might for NFL games. At least they haven't much this year. They'll post a line

Given how enamored people have been with Frost&Co I’m guessing Vegas makes Nebbie a 2 -3 pt favorite. If they made the gophs 3-5 pt favorites tons of money would come in on Nebbie and put them at risk for a big loss.

You vastly over estimate how much people bet in mid-tier NCAAF.

I’d guess Minnesota -5. If Martinez is out, might get bet to -6/-7. If he can play I could see it like -3.5 or -4.

Nebraska -1, for the reasons cited above (i.e., more money coming in on them than they deserve)

With Martinez, Gophers -2.5
Without, Gophers -7.5

You vastly over estimate how much people bet in mid-tier NCAAF.

You vastly underestimate the money bet in Vegas on any game where the line seems vulnerable for the wise guy betters.

You vastly underestimate the money bet in Vegas on any game where the line seems vulnerable for the wise guy betters.

Sure. But the sharps don’t care about names. You can’t reference people being enamored with Frost and then assume the “wise guys” are going to be in that group.

Gophs -3?

Essentially home field toss up.

Well, the wise guys are a lot smarter than me. I would have bet my house on the Gophs not covering the 14 point spread over the Illini. Luckily, I don't gamble (much).

Gophers would be 2-3 point favorites on a neutral field and I think we will be ranked in the AP poll.

5-6 sounds about right.

I think Nebraska will be favored by 3.

Top Bottom