View Poll Results: Who is your Gopher MVP in the dominating win over Illinois?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rodney Smith

76 88.37%
  • Shannon Brooks

3 3.49%
  • Tanner Morgan

0 0%
  • Tyler Johnson

0 0%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr

1 1.16%
  • Other

6 6.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is your Gopher MVP in the dominating win over Illinois?

Who is your Gopher MVP in the dominating win over Illinois?

Smith was I think the most impressive but plenty of players deserve credit
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

Kamal Martin

I hate these MVP polls because, except for exceptional performances (like TM's against Purdue), you can always cite multiple performances that were very good and equally important.

As great as Rodney was, I would say this game belongs to the defense and the offensive line.

Blog Entries

Way to go, Shannon Brooks! I think SB, in his effective return from a long injury absence, played every bit as well as Rodney Smith, barring Smith's long 64 yard non-TD run. Brooks also kept the team from having to rely completely on Smith, saving Smith from probable exhaustion. The only real difference between the two today is the "pitch count" that kept Brooks from garnering more carries.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Rodney Smith, and play of Oline.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    Way to go, Shannon Brooks! I think SB, in his effective return from a long injury absence, played every bit as well as Rodney Smith, barring Smith's long 64 yard non-TD run. Brooks also kept the team from having to rely completely on Smith, saving Smith from probable exhaustion. The only real difference between the two today is the "pitch count" that kept Brooks from garnering more carries.
    Agree that it's great to have BOTH on the field in the same game. Smith definitely is getting his groove back and Brooks is hungry to follow.

For some reason I want Mo in the mix too but realize that I'm probably wrong. This is Shannon's and Rodney's last season...Mo will have more opportunities in the future.
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

My favorite run from Rodney in this game wasn’t one of the long ones. It was the one where a defender flew in to hit him, crumpled at Rodney’s feet and then he ran for another 2-3 yards.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Rodney had a collection of great runs today. Took out a DB head on in a bone shivering collision and gained a few more yards, on another play I still don’t know how he juked out of a TFL situation with a blitzer in his face as he received the handoff, and he generally showed great balance, burst all day; ran hard all day. And, this is the first game I thought he looked healthy (for a half, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Rodney had a collection of great runs today. Took out a DB head on in a bone shivering collision and gained a few more yards, on another play I still don’t know how he juked out of a TFL situation with a blitzer in his face as he received the handoff, and he generally showed great balance, burst all day; ran hard all day. And, this is the first game I thought he looked healthy (for a half, anyway).
    Agree. We saw the old Rodney at full-speed. Really fun to watch. He is a very under-rated back outside of Gopher circles. He just has a knack for getting extra yards he has no business gaining, and the means he uses to do that can differ with each play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kamal Martin. Defense allowed 3 points...gotta be someone on defense. Kamal led the team in tackles again.

Tyler Johnson is an option??
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    Tyler Johnson is an option??
    #oneofus

TBF had several nice catches. If the hands aren’t mentioned in every pre-draft assessment I’ll be shocked. Everything else is there to be elite and he’s still a great receiver but does seem to have an inordinate amount of drops. It’s interesting but seems like he goes and makes an unbelievable clutch catch on the next play, almost every time...

Not the dude that fair caught the kickoff from the 20.

O-LINE.