Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default [POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Illinois 40-17

What’d you think, Gopherhole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 down. 3 more and then the west race is on.

Damn fine game. Scored 40, defense held Illinois to only 3 offensive points. Offense had the plays that resulted in turnover touchdowns, but more pros than cons for sure. Great to see Smith and Brooks tag-teaming again.
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

Great job. Way to take care of business. Illinois is not a good team, but that is what you do to bad teams.

Worry about the injuries to Faalele and the others going forward.

Onto 4-2 Nebraska! Big opportunity next week. Way to close the door on Illinois in crummy conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Encouraging game all around after a really messy start.

Defense, running game, Rodney, Shannon, St Juste, Durr, Winfield, Martin all had great games. Oliver had a nice sack, may be the Cashman replacement we’re looking for. Spann Ford will be a weapon.

Meh would include receiver hands. Morgan struggled a bit early but I’ll blame it on the rain.

Bad would include the INT and TJ 50/50 hands making a return. I can’t think of anything else.

Just need a few teams to lose and we will have a top 25 ranking!

If you had told that the Gophers offense would give up two TDs and the margin was 23, I wouldn't have guessed the Gophers won.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Encouraging game all around after a really messy start.

Defense, running game, Rodney, Shannon, St Juste, Durr, Winfield, Martin all had great games. Oliver had a nice sack, may be the Cashman replacement we’re looking for. Spann Ford will be a weapon.

Meh would include receiver hands. Morgan struggled a bit early but I’ll blame it on the rain.

Bad would include the INT and TJ 50/50 hands making a return. I can’t think of anything else.
    I know TJ6 is the golden child, being from Mpls, but good grief, his drops are just plain maddening. Sure, it was wet today, but WTF. With CAB and some of the younger receivers waiting in the wings, I'm not sure we see much of a drop-off next year when TJ has moved on. Great player, and he'll go down as a great all-time Gopher but he could be so much better.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by amk8930 View Post
    I missed some of the end of the game. What was the injury to Faalele?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amk8930 View Post
    I had to leave for a family engagement. What happened to Faalele? Is it a season ending injury?

Who else is injured?
    Last edited by hungan1; 10-05-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    I know TJ6 is the golden child, being from Mpls, but good grief, his drops are just plain maddening. Sure, it was wet today, but WTF. With CAB and some of the younger receivers waiting in the wings, I'm not sure we see much of a drop-off next year when TJ has moved on. Great player, and he'll go down as a great all-time Gopher but he could be so much better.
    Bateman dropped a couple too though. But I don't think there's any question....we won't lose a step next year at WR. Bateman is already a more talented receiver than TJ....and CAB has all big ten potential.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

And now, because no one else has said it - with apologies to Beth Mowins --

SLASH and BASH are back, baby!!!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Spano-Ford played and got targeted and caught a TD. Makes teams work to stop that going forward.

Running game and OL were dominant. Morgan didn't get hit much at all (only 17 attempts, but still)

Defense dominated. Illinois had one decent drive that stalled out and they missed a FG. Forced a fumble or two. Got an INT. Lots of big hits, and I don't remember any penalties????