Nebraska starting QB hobbles off the field with injury.

GoldenGophers7

The 1 The only
Reaction score
Hopefully he is alright but misses the start versus the Gophers. Knee injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s a true knee injurty, loses his most dynamic aspect regardless

Not 100% sure but looked like a left knee injury.

If it means that we have an easier path to a sixth win.....then I count this as a good thing. Give us back our broken chair!!!

I prefer to beat teams when they are at full strength.

I prefer to beat teams when they are at full strength.

I prefer a win. I don't care about additional qualifiers. Tough bananas if your team isn't deep enough to make up for your loss. Get more depth.

The little bit I saw on Twitter said NE doesn’t think it’s serious. Not sure if that means they think he’ll play next week or that he will only miss a few games.

And we are without Zach. It happens to everyone

The little bit I saw on Twitter said NE doesn’t think it’s serious. Not sure if that means they think he’ll play next week or that he will only miss a few games.

Looked like he couldn’t walk without assistance at the end of the game. I’ll be shocked if he plays next week but who knows?

Nobody ever apologizes or puts an asterisk on wins when we are hobbled. I hope he's ok but if not, let's go get that W.

It doesn’t sound like Frost knew many details about the injuries to either Martinez or Spielman. Not “too serious” might just mean not season ending.

—-

“The good news, at least for now, is that head coach Scott Frost stated in the postgame neither injury appears to be “too serious.” Hedging his bets, though, Frost said he’s he hasn’t been briefed on the details yet, which likely won’t come until further tests are administered.”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...ka-qb-adrian-martinez-deemed-not-too-serious/

It doesn’t sound like Frost knew many details about the injuries to either Martinez or Spielman. Not “too serious” might just mean not season ending.

—-

“The good news, at least for now, is that head coach Scott Frost stated in the postgame neither injury appears to be “too serious.” Hedging his bets, though, Frost said he’s he hasn’t been briefed on the details yet, which likely won’t come until further tests are administered.”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...ka-qb-adrian-martinez-deemed-not-too-serious/

I get why reporters have to ask but coaches rarely have any real information about injured players right after the game. Will be interesting to see if Martinez is back at practice this week or if he is out....same with Spielman.

The back-up QB came through with a perfectly thrown clutch pass of about 30 yards to set up the winning field goal with 3 seconds left. Nebraska will be tough, with or without Martinez, as Robinson, a freshman, is one of the league's best all-purpose players; Washington is one of two really good running backs and they have other receivers that are pretty good. Defense is improved over last year. They will be highly motivated, especially if the Gophers are ranked. Should be a terrific ball game, especially if the weather holds.

I prefer a win. I don't care about additional qualifiers. Tough bananas if your team isn't deep enough to make up for your loss. Get more depth.

Agreed. I’d rather Martinez play as I don’t like seeing players hurt or wishing that for a win. Everyone deals with injuries though. It’s part of the game.

Nobody ever apologizes or puts an asterisk on wins when we are hobbled. I hope he's ok but if not, let's go get that W.

But for some reason, we like to put asterisks on our own wins. Ive never understood that urge, but 9*-4 is still within reach.

I would think that Spielman will do everything possible to make sure he can play this coming week.

Exactly. Did any of our opponents last year say the only reason they beat us was because we didn’t have Smith, Brooks and Winfield? Our fan base can be our worst enemy.

The back-up QB came through with a perfectly thrown clutch pass of about 30 yards to set up the winning field goal with 3 seconds left. Nebraska will be tough, with or without Martinez, as Robinson, a freshman, is one of the league's best all-purpose players; Washington is one of two really good running backs and they have other receivers that are pretty good. Defense is improved over last year. They will be highly motivated, especially if the Gophers are ranked. Should be a terrific ball game, especially if the weather holds.

It's too far in advance to know what the weather will do, but I'm seeing forecasts for weather in the 30s with some snow.

It's too far in advance to know what the weather will do, but I'm seeing forecasts for weather in the 30s with some snow.

I’m IN an outdoor wedding...should be memorable. Might try to escape around 8 and get to a bar for the second half and some indoor heating.

I hope he plays with his knee in a brace and loses his mobility.

Top Bottom