Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Urban Meyer breaks down gophers passing game

Blog Entries

Default Legendary

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Great video that makes the Goph's look really good on two simple plays.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

I enjoyed that.
    Iím a light eater. As soon as itís light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

BTN hit it out of the park this year with these Urban Meyer / DiNardo sessions. Meyer is very good.

Urban does an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    BTN hit it out of the park this year with these Urban Meyer / DiNardo sessions. Meyer is very good.
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an interesting video. Thanks for posting.

Urban sounds like a pretty smart guy there.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRedux View Post
    What an interesting video. Thanks for posting.
    Okay, I'll admit I have always been a fan of Urban Meyer, and mainly credited him for being a great recruiter, but this BTN show blew that al up.

Urban came from the MAC like a lot of future B10 coaches, and I am pretty sure Tim Beckmcan who Illinois hired once could not have delivered this tutorial.

Urban Meyer provided some great material here, and I think all GH posters should be required to sit in a quiet room for 5 hours or so or Urban Meyer offensive theory before we ever post again an any Gopher related offensive calls. (this is coming from a Glen Mason cut blocking, zone blocking disciple)

For the record, I think we have not seen the last of Coach Urban Meyer, I think the OSU situation became too ugly, even if he was not pushed out, and he is not done coaching The man is just a footall offensive mind, and clearly a leader as well. Maybe the new coach Day will match him, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by oak_street1981; 10-04-2019 at 11:13 PM.

So, is it that simple, and automatic? What I mean is, if there are 6 defenders in the box, pass; and if there are 5 defenders in the box, hand it off?

Seems really basic, and almost foolproof.

And what about the part of the RPO where the QB puts the ball in the tailback's belly, and then either gives him the ball or pulls it out and throws it. Is that a 'second' read of the defense?
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Well, it does not hurt that Urban Meyer teams have more talent than most rivals, which makes the crushing loss at Iowa even more astounding, and supports the views of the skeptics.

Meyer is wisely game planning based on tendencies and assumptions about the talent performing, and once in a while the talent does not perform or the opposing talent overperforms, guesses right, or just comes up with a new and better approach.

I still like Urban Meyer a lot as a coach, and am starting to appreciate Dantonio and Ferentz a bit more, since they have a very different approach and do pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    So, is it that simple, and automatic? What I mean is, if there are 6 defenders in the box, pass; and if there are 5 defenders in the box, hand it off?

And what about the part of the RPO where the QB puts the ball in the tailback's belly, and then either gives him the ball or pulls it out and throws it. Is that a 'second' read of the defense?
    In another video, Urban did a demonstration on that.

Well worth your time.
    Last edited by Face The Facts; 10-04-2019 at 11:26 PM.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post

Heres another good video of the RPO. Pedersen explains at 3:18 that one of the reads is when there are two WR's on one side of ball and two CB's covering. The inside WR will run a bubble route and if the inside CB is going to play attack the bubble and pursue, Wentz will throw a slant to the outside WR, if the inside CB plays zone and sits back they will throw to the inside WR.

nvm.
    Last edited by die hard gopher; 10-04-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Purdueís defense is so bad. They knew what was coming and still couldnít stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk