Lunardi currently has Gophers as part of Next Four out group

Agree with all of that. This team definitely has a realistic opportunity to be better than last year if they play as a team. Definitely better depth and pieces that can work better together as a whole. This is a prove it year for Pitino in regard to his ability to coach. Based on the pre-season picks, if they finish with 10 conference wins or better, Pitino should be in the running for another conference coach of the year award.

Agree with all of that. This team definitely has a realistic opportunity to be better than last year if they play as a team. Definitely better depth and pieces that can work better together as a whole. This is a prove it year for Pitino in regard to his ability to coach. Based on the pre-season picks, if they finish with 10 conference wins or better, Pitino should be in the running for another conference coach of the year award.

10-10 WILL NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO cONFERENCE COACH OF THE YEAR. Hell, Gard went 14-6 last year and did not come close.

Do not expect to much early, a lot of new pieces. Heard the Turkish kid is having a little trouble fitting in with the new system. We have a tough preseason schedule, hopefully they will gel quickly. Maybe like Michigan State and have an 8-5 record going into Big 10 but gel as season goes on and get 14-6 Big 10 record and enter the NCAA on a roll! Hey, a guy can wish!

10-10 WILL NOT EVEN COME CLOSE TO cONFERENCE COACH OF THE YEAR. Hell, Gard went 14-6 last year and did not come close.

Considering the media has them finishing 10th or worse in every poll, they also vote coach of the year. 10-10 would put him in the running, never said it would be a lock. If they improve upon last year when everyone in the media has picked them to finish worse than last year, that would garner some consideration for coach of the year. You know as well as anyone that coach of the year is usually based on exceeding expectations, not necessarily who the best coach is. Gard probably lacked consideration as the badgers are usually picked to be a top 5 conference team before the season starts.

Do not expect to much early, a lot of new pieces. Heard the Turkish kid is having a little trouble fitting in with the new system. We have a tough preseason schedule, hopefully they will gel quickly. Maybe like Michigan State and have an 8-5 record going into Big 10 but gel as season goes on and get 14-6 Big 10 record and enter the NCAA on a roll! Hey, a guy can wish!

Have you heard anything on Ihnen?

Each year is different. It usually goes to the coach that exceeded expectations the most (not necessarily who had the best year), which last year Matt Painter did. He lost several starters. They were expected to be middle of the pack and wound up as Co-Champs, so he got the nod over Beilein and Gard.

Just that he is having trouble catching on to what Patino expects from him.

Just that he is having trouble catching on to what Patino expects from him.

Each year is different. It usually goes to the coach that exceeded expectations the most (not necessarily who had the best year), which last year Matt Painter did. He lost several starters. They were expected to be middle of the pack and wound up as Co-Champs, so he got the nod over Beilein and Gard.

Agreed. Just think that 10-10 is maybe 3 games above 10th. Well aware about exceeding expectations. When he won it the first time off the disaster he was responsible he won it. That is why i put little accomplishment to those that win it unless they come close to winning the conference or win it. I think the media is so disconnected by picking us 10th. I love this roster. I can see 13-7 , in fact i expect it.

Top Bottom