Best Pregame Activities?

GopherBulldog

Reaction score
I’m coming into town with my 14-year-old son for the Nebraska game. Any suggestions for a tailgate to attend or other pre-game activities?

There's the Haka at home Hawaii games. But they are on the road this weekend.

As far as the Gophers, I believe there is a séance at 0630 to resurrect the echoes of our last Championship Season. Unfortunately, Memorial Stadium is gone.

I dropped you a PM, check your inbox. The buffalo wild wings "tailgate" across the street can be a good option, especially if you would also like to take in the nearby band and cheer team pregame Pepfest-concert that takes place prior to every home game about an hour before kickoff. There are lots of bar/restaurant options nearby as well, and there are lots of welcoming folks in the actual tailgate lots.

Unfortunately, my dog can’t make the trip. But my son will be with me (no true resemblance to the dog).

Unfortunately, my dog can’t make the trip. But my son will be with me (no true resemblance to the dog).

The goal line club (gopher booster club) does a tailgate at the basketball arena that is ~45 per person and which is all you can eat and drink (beer and cocktails --- not sure about wine) and is a nice way to support the team financially.

Stub and Herbs back lot is probably the best atmosphere. BWW is bigger and closer but never seems to have the same energy.

FYI for those that don't already know, this could be the last year for Stub and Herbs, :( it got bought out a few years ago by the U with plans to develop and this is the last year they have said it will be open for sure. Could be open for several years more if planning gets delayed, but no guarantees.

The goal line club (gopher booster club) does a tailgate at the basketball arena that is ~45 per person and which is all you can eat and drink (beer and cocktails --- not sure about wine) and is a nice way to support the team financially.

Save the $90 and just make your way to Lot 37. Wander around and just introduce you and your son to tailgaters and tell them you are from out of town and you wanted your son to see what tailgating is like. I guarantee you will eat and drink for free!

Stub and Herbs back lot is probably the best atmosphere. BWW is bigger and closer but never seems to have the same energy.

FYI for those that don't already know, this could be the last year for Stub and Herbs, :( it got bought out a few years ago by the U with plans to develop and this is the last year they have said it will be open for sure. Could be open for several years more if planning gets delayed, but no guarantees.

I've heard they'll have at least another 5 years (after this one).

I don't believe Stubbs allows kids on game day

I've heard they'll have at least another 5 years (after this one).

Yeah, I believe they signed a 7 year lease. I don't think U has any current plans for building tear down, it will happen eventually. I believe Stubs gets right of first refusal to rent space though

Yes sir. I will be there with Dick Yates , who played for the Gophers 70 years ago and still goes to the games !

I will be at goal line club for this game, I usually make 1 maybe 2 events a year.

It's an older crowd, but good time

If you want to find me I'll either be in line @ the bar or @ the Urinal

I will be at goal line club for this game, I usually make 1 maybe 2 events a year.

It's an older crowd, but good time

If you want to find me I'll either be in line @ the bar or @ the Urinal

Take it easy on the older ! I can only make two home games this year but the pregame is a bunch of swell folks.

Top Bottom