Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ask Bob: Why don't you like P.J. Fleck?

per Bob:

What the heck is your problem with P.J. Fleck?

Bob says ...

My late mom had a real disdain for show-offs. That trait has been passed on to me.

Since the start of his career, I have felt that Fleck is mostly style with little substance. All of the slogans are annoying. To me.

Some people like Fleck. They think he is a great coach with a bright future. And they might be right.

He did win big at Western Michigan. Then, left for a better job. Hard to blame him. When you get your shot to go to the Big Ten, you take it.

This yearís Minnesota team is undefeated going into Saturdayís game against Illinois. But the Gophers could easily be 0-4. Good fortune seems to be part of Fleckís system.

If the guy wins the Big Ten title and puts together a string of successful seasons, I will happily admit to being wrong.

https://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...1b69d2c41.html

Go Gophers!!

Who is Bob and why should we care?

I'm not sure winning has anything to do with liking someone's slogans or whatever, that seems dumb.

Bob is an off the charts Dink.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Bob:

What the heck is your problem with P.J. Fleck?

Bob says ...

My late mom had a real disdain for show-offs. That trait has been passed on to me.

Since the start of his career, I have felt that Fleck is mostly style with little substance. All of the slogans are annoying. To me.

Some people like Fleck. They think he is a great coach with a bright future. And they might be right.

He did win big at Western Michigan. Then, left for a better job. Hard to blame him. When you get your shot to go to the Big Ten, you take it.

This year’s Minnesota team is undefeated going into Saturday’s game against Illinois. But the Gophers could easily be 0-4. Good fortune seems to be part of Fleck’s system.

If the guy wins the Big Ten title and puts together a string of successful seasons, I will happily admit to being wrong.

https://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...1b69d2c41.html

Go Gophers!!
    Have they really been that lucky? Maybe in the SDSU game but otherwise they've made plays to get the wins. Not winning by as much as most think they should doesn't mean they're lucky.

Blog Entries

Bob is always the same, regardless of how you spell his name, forwards or backwards.

I don't care about Zerorez or bob and I don't even know who Bob is.

This is who Bob is (from the article).

In his 31st year on the Illinois football beat, AP Top 25 voter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Bob should visit iNeedMoreHair.com

At schools like Western Michigan and Minnesota you need to be a little different to attract talent. You sure as heck canít be like every other coach, as other programs have more tradition, atmosphere, etc.

Not gonna be for everyone, but thatís okay. Donít care if Bob or Meatsauce like Fleck and canít articulate why, I only care that certain subset of high school athletes want to play for Fleck.

I mean, just based on win totals, this is a poor take. Say what you will about his antics but he built up a program at Western Michigan and increased his win totals in his first two years here. And can people stop saying "They could easily be 0-4." They're not. You could easily say the 2002 national champion Buckeyes should have had like two losses. They didn't. Teams have close games sometimes, but the Gophers found a way to win.
    You guys are playing like this is some throw away game up in Rochester.

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Have they really been that lucky? Maybe in the SDSU game but otherwise they've made plays to get the wins. Not winning by as much as most think they should doesn't mean they're lucky.
    That part felt like a little kid saying "the video game is cheating".

Luck is part of Fleck's system? He really believes that?

Did he spell that correctly? I think he dropped an "O".

JTG

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of luck.

Every great team has it. At a bare minimum, not having bad injuries. Purdue has not had that luck this season. Knock on wood for us!

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    Particularly the Purdue game, I wouldn't even say we could have "easily" lost that game. For Purdue to have won, they would have needed to stop us and force a punt, then drive the length of the field for a TD just to get the game in OT, then beat us in OT in which they'd have only a 50-50 shot. So I wouldn't say we could "easily" lost that game. We could have lost it but when we had the ball on the last possession, the odds were definitely in our favor.

If anything, I think you could argue the other teams were as fortunate the games were as close as they were. Purdue got a lucky bounce on the onside kick, GSU was fortunate (not necessarily lucky but fortunate) to have been able to return 2 balls for non offensive TD's, and Fresno was fortunate that there were 3 penalties called after third downs that other refs may not have called plus the muffed punt.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    This is who Bob is (from the article).

In his 31st year on the Illinois football beat, AP Top 25 voter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is Bob:

Is-Popeyes-Wimpy-Living-In-Your-Basement.jpg

Bob is a syndicated writer. He writes articles for a living:

Returning-ToLive-In-Your-Parents-Basement-Simplified-Life.net_.jpg

Bob is an award winning journalist:

parents-basement (1).jpg

Don't be like Bob:

Is-Popeyes-Wimpy-Living-In-Your-Basement-Time-To-Go.jpg
    Last edited by Rescooter; 10-02-2019 at 11:41 AM.