Ibrahim expected back

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

“We thought Mo was going to play,” Fleck said. “And it turned out, he wasn’t quite there.”

Ibrahim should be ready to take on more against Illinois on Saturday. Ibrahim led the team in rushing last year when Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks missed most of the season with injuries. Both have returned, though Brooks was on a “pitch count” at Purdue for his season debut. Ibrahim has been the No. 2 running back to Smith, but Fleck said Tuesday that Brooks could have more snaps this weekend.

“We’ve expected him to be back, probably, the last week and a half and had some setbacks here and there, which happens based on the injury he has at times,” Fleck said of Ibrahim. “But I’d expect him back. I want him back. He wants to be back. We’re working on it.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-carter-coughlin-plays-through-injuries-gets-healthier/561933952/

Go Gophers!!

With him, Brooks, and Rodney that's a heck of a 3 headed monster.

hoping they take it easy on him. MY thought is that Brooks and Smith should be able to handle most of the load these next few games so that Mo is ready for the meat of the schedule on the back end.

Mo is a hell of an asset as a blocker in the backfield. And yeah, he's a nice ballcarrier, too. :cool:

JTG

Well, Mo did play 2 offensive snaps against Purdue so he technically already was back.

But hopefully he'll be more ready this time. There were two different plays last game where Shannon missed a pretty decent running lane. Fleck attributed that to the pitch count saying Shanon felt like he need to make every carry a home run instead of taking what the defense gives you as well as being too amped up.

When healthy, he has looked like the best back so far this year although Rodney just might be coming around. After a full year of ACL rehab, I would think it would take a while to be his old self even if the knee is fine, and his ability to find holes and gain yards seemed to improve last game. hopefully the run games finds a balance between the three backs, and improves steadily as the season goes on.

If he keeps having setbacks it’s pretty clear he needs to rehab for quite awhile longer. Why rush it particularly if he isn’t 100% if we have 4-5 other guys that can play?

Shannon needs reps.

He was a red hot mess on Saturday.

Yeah, he was. It's another reason that game staying a blowout would have been nice. You could tell he was going a million miles an hour, he missed a huge hole on one play (that's not like him).

If he keeps having setbacks it’s pretty clear he needs to rehab for quite awhile longer. Why rush it particularly if he isn’t 100% if we have 4-5 other guys that can play?

It'd be nice if all of our games weren't super close.

I'm sure they are trying to preserve Wiley's and William's redshirts. I also think there is a pretty clear drop off, at least for now, after those three.

It'd be nice if all of our games weren't super close.

I'm sure they are trying to preserve Wiley's and William's redshirts. I also think there is a pretty clear drop off, at least for now, after those three.

Agreed. My pessimist outlook though is one or both of Rodney and Brooks will have a setback at some point and we will need Mo in peak form for a very tough November run. Williams just isn’t a game breaker inside runner yet. Wiley, Potts ??

Agreed. My pessimist outlook though is one or both of Rodney and Brooks will have a setback at some point and we will need Mo in peak form for a very tough November run. Williams just isn’t a game breaker inside runner yet. Wiley, Potts ??

Yeah, I agree.

I don't know, I thought Wiley looked to have juice, but I didn't get a clear enough look at him. Wiley better be a game breaker if people compare him Maroney.

Yeah, he was. It's another reason that game staying a blowout would have been nice. You could tell he was going a million miles an hour, he missed a huge hole on one play (that's not like him).

I recall one on the second series of the game when we were near our own goal line where he could have gone for 20 yards but didn't see the hole.

Fleck said that he thinks Shannon will be less amped going forward and I think that hopefully means he will return to form.

Top Bottom