Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Accuweather is showing cooler temps for Saturday but less than a 30% chance of precipitation.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyupchurch View Post
    That's why today was 59 and sunny?
    I'll give you that getting within 5-10 degrees is not always accurate. It was cloudy instead of partly cloudy on Friday, and that dropped the temps. What I care about when I am tuning into a TV forecast is:

- Is it going to impact a work commute?
    - Do I need a jacket, umbrella etc?
    - Am I going to get my golf round in and if so be able to wear shorts?
    - What do I need to prepare for a day at TCF Bank or a HS football game?

That stuff is pretty spot on within 24-48 hrs (as it was for the Illini game) on Ch 9.

I'd much rather have snow than rain.

A night snow game where it's not that cold (low 30's) would be lovely!

It's early October for cripes sake. It's not supposed to be snowing and freezing yet!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I'd much rather have snow than rain.
    Totally agree.
    #NothingShortOfGreatness #RowTheBoat #RowsBowl

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    It's early October for cripes sake. It's not supposed to be snowing and freezing yet!
    It's supposed to snow in Denver on Thursday and get down to 16 that night. It was in the 80s a few days ago. Crazy.

I submit that the bad weather games + doing well ... the crowd always seems more into it.

Something about the adventure and spirit of those folks gritting it out.

I've been tearing the house apart looking for my Gopher parka. Didn't think I would need it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GWG, can you give us an updated outlook? What are your thoughts on kickoff temp, precip during the game, and average wind?

Looks like its supposed to be mid 30's at kickoff, but will feel colder with the wind. Chances for precipitation for Sat evening seem to have gone down a bit. Let's hope it continues

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    True, but we're on a pretty steep descent for the avg temps. By the end of the month, it is supposed to be close to freezing on the lows. That's only a couple weeks difference.

Blog Entries

These hourly forecasts are a crap shoot and usually don't get very accurate until the day targeted time frame arrives. However, in looking at my usual weather source it does look like the chance of precipitation has been dropping. Most of the day the chance of rain or snow is below 40%. I would say at this point that it won't be surprising to see a rain drop or a snowflake drifting in the wind throughout the day and game but given the updated forecast I don't think anyone is going to get wet. An occasional mist or at worst sprinkle with perhaps just enough snow for everyone to day "that is the first time I have seen snow this year" and perhaps make an interesting visual for TV coverage - but not a steady rain, nobody gets wet, and no snow accumulates.

The temps on the other hand haven't budged in the long range forecast and the closer Saturday gets, the more it appears to be a chilly day/night with temps in the mid thirties. The other thing that is looking more and more like it is going to be a weather factor is the wind. A dreary, windy, cloudy, generally miserably cold fall day but warm enough to enjoy a long tailgate and game if people dress accordingly.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/...ate/2019-10-12

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    These hourly forecasts are a crap shoot and usually don't get very accurate until the day targeted time frame arrives. However, in looking at my usual weather source it does look like the chance of precipitation has been dropping. Most of the day the chance of rain or snow is below 40%. I would say at this point that it won't be surprising to see a rain drop or a snowflake drifting in the wind throughout the day and game but given the updated forecast I don't think anyone is going to get wet. An occasional mist or at worst sprinkle with perhaps just enough snow for everyone to day "that is the first time I have seen snow this year" and perhaps make an interesting visual for TV coverage - but not a steady rain, nobody gets wet, and no snow accumulates.

The temps on the other hand haven't budged in the long range forecast and the closer Saturday gets, the more it appears to be a chilly day/night with temps in the mid thirties. The other thing that is looking more and more like it is going to be a weather factor is the wind. A dreary, windy, cloudy, generally miserably cold fall day but warm enough to enjoy a long tailgate and game if people dress accordingly.

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/...ate/2019-10-12

Hope Fleck has a couple of his morning practices outside, temps in the morning should be closer to what it'll be game night than how cold they can get the indoor facility.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk