Homecoming Weather Vs Illinois

I was one of the dozen there for the very end of the Indiana game. But the fun really got started on the way home when I got two flat tires in the rain, 5 miles apart. That was a first for me. First one was on I94 just east of the tunnel. The second one was at about I394 and Mn100 as we headed west. Ended up getting home in the west suburbs after 1:00 AM because I needed a tow after I ran out of spare tires.

I was one of the dozen there for the very end of the Indiana game. But the fun really got started on the way home when I got two flat tires in the rain, 5 miles apart. That was a first for me. First one was on I94 just east of the tunnel. The second one was at about I394 and Mn100 as we headed west. Ended up getting home in the west suburbs after 1:00 AM because I needed a tow after I ran out of spare tires.

What? Couldn't avoid the police spikestrips on the chase home? ;);)

Wow, that's impressive.

What should the layering be?

Gold, MG, maroon, maroon, clear?

Yikes!

Forecast for today took a major turn for the worse overnight and that is not a good thing. Now the rain looks more steady, especially through the tailgate but even through the game now. For the first time, the words “heavy rain” are being used and the rain totals for today have been increased quite a bit from the quarter inch that was forecast for much of the week and was to fall mostly in the morning, to WCCO now saying a full inch falling all day. And now winds increased to as much as 30 mph as well, with even a shot at a thunderstorm in all of this.

What a bummer for homecoming. Hope it doesn’t alter the Gophers game plan and abilities too much because it will most certainly trash game attendance.

Yikes. That sounds horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The moderate to heavy rain will leave the area by 11 am. Scattered showers will remain possible until game time, but the game still looks mostly dry. High of 57. There will be a gusty SW wind of 15-25 mph.

The moderate to heavy rain will leave the area by 11 am. Scattered showers will remain possible until game time, but the game still looks mostly dry. High of 57. There will be a gusty SW wind of 15-25 mph.

I wish my weather service was smoking what your weather service is smoking. I hope you’re right.

9050128c3ec7d2edf537582bd06dd78c.jpg

I wish my weather service was smoking what your weather service is smoking. I hope you’re right.

9050128c3ec7d2edf537582bd06dd78c.jpg

I look at raw model output, not apps. Look at the radar currently. The drier air is already approaching the west metro.

We’ve got onboard pulse doppler.
We’ve got nexrad realtime.

The days of sniffing the dirt are over!

I look at raw model output, not apps. Look at the radar currently. The drier air is already approaching the west metro.

Channels 4 and 9 agree with you. Just saw them both.

Hold on to the football today boys!

We'll be there.

Last edited:

I hope you are right. I get to coach soccer all day today in an outdoor tournament. DVR for the football game. Soccer games already being pushed back at least 2 hours.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Currently 50% chance of rain at 2:00, 35% chance at 3:00, and declining throughout the afternoon. Looking at the radar, it should be fine, unless things change.

Unfortunate that both times the BT Tailgate has come it’s been bad weather in Minneapolis. Literally once a year and we’re 0 for 2.

I’ll trust your forecasts vs the opinion of others. Cool of you to do for the games. A nice addition to the site this year (I don’t remember you doing it before, but if I just missed it, that was cool then too).

On my phone I only see a 30% chance of rain at 2:00 with no other rain throughout the day.

Thats great but sucks that it probably deterred people from buying tickets throughout the week.

I love that we have our own professional weatherman as a board regular. And I hope your prediction is most accurate. I don’t think a wet, windy day helps this team at all.

I hope you are right. I get to coach soccer all day today in an outdoor tournament. DVR for the football game. Soccer games already being pushed back at least 2 hours.

They just canceled the entire tournament. Guess I get to watch the football game now!

Now it’s not suppose to rain at all

Top Bottom