Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    You attacked first. Plain and simple. I'm not saying the video wasn't appropriate to show and comment on. I'm also not saying you are wrong, but you absolutely attacked first by labeling one person as all on the left.
    I most certainly did and I do so without apology. I did not say all Democrats - I said "the left"- show me where I said all. Asked for clarity by saintpaul and I said not every. This is the left, the left is ruthless. Liberals (of which I believe you are one) should be battling the left. But they don't, maybe you do, I don't know. Most liberals are afraid of the left. The liberals are controlled by the left. Time for good people like you to fight back, stand up and put a stop to it.

How many times have you seen someone on the left here refer to "RW nutjobs" in a general way? How many times have you pushed back on them like you did me? Guessing never.
    Last edited by bga1; 10-01-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I most certainly did and I do so without apology. I did not say all Democrats - I said "the left"- show me where I said all. Asked for clarity by saintpaul and I said not every. This is the left, the left is ruthless. Liberals (of which I believe you are one) should be battling the left. But they don't, maybe you do, I don't know. Most liberals are afraid of the left. The liberals are controlled by the left. Time for good people like you to fight back, stand up and put a stop to it.

How many times have you seen someone on the left here refer to "RW nutjobs" in a general way? How many times have you pushed back on them like you did me? Guessing never.
    OK.

So you're using your own definition for "the left", that no one else uses.

Everyone else uses "the left" to mean liberals in general, including many of which are part of the Dem party. Hence the confusion, which is your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    If there is any ounce of worthwhile, good faith discussion to salvage from this thread, maybe this can be it:

Question: why is it important for some on the "right" (whether that be people who support Trump, people who support gun rights, support banning abortion, etc.) to frame their opponents as "hateful"? Why is that a thing?
    I don't have to frame you. This is a picture you paint all by yourself. This is what you support. You support taking away speech and opposition. You support calling Trump supporters racist.

OK.

So you're using your own definition for "the left", that no one else uses.

Everyone else uses "the left" to mean liberals in general, including many of which are part of the Dem party. Hence the confusion, which is your own fault.
    The left is anti free speech, intolerant and totalitarian. I'd say that's 30-50% of the Dems today. Liberals are the rest of the party- and for the most part they are cowering to the left. You are not aware of the difference because you are in an echo chamber. You are a leftist- not a liberal.

Blog Entries

The left is anti free speech, intolerant and totalitarian. I'd say that's 30-50% of the Dems today. Liberals are the rest of the party- and for the most part they are cowering to the left. You are not aware of the difference because you are in an echo chamber. You are a leftist- not a liberal.
    But they're all inherently evil, right?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    But they're all inherently evil, right?
    Nope. All leftists are wrong. Some are evil. As a group they control the Democrat party and they have the liberals in fear and have silenced them.

Nope. All leftists are wrong. Some are evil. As a group they control the Democrat party and they have the liberals in fear and have silenced them.
    Who gets to decide that an opinion/worldview is wrong?

What if, actually, your worldview is wrong?

I will never try to legally stop your opinion from being aired even though I am certain it is wrong headed. You support shutting down my worldview. Therein lies the major difference in how we operate.

Here comes his god bible thumping stuff....

I will never try to legally stop your opinion from being aired even though I am certain it is wrong headed. You support shutting down my worldview. Therein lies the major difference in how we operate.
    I don't, actually. Why do you assume that I do?

Not every, but these are the people that control the left and now, control the Democrat party.

We on the right are told that if we support Donald Trump we are racists, among other things. I don't see you attempting to knock down that narrative. Is one every when it goes the other way? Why does the left in general seem to want to stop free speech and speak vilely against those who have a differing view? Why, for example, are the Minneapolis police now banned (just one day after Trump rally announced) from showing support for any political view while in uniform? You are largely supportive or silent. You may not be a leftist, but your silence is obvious and it makes you complicit.

Your response here is very telling- you see this behavior on your own side (don't be dishonest it is your side) and instead of condemning it you call out the other side.
    Nah....the right is now controlled by the proud boys and q-anon. I mean....not ALL of you....but that's just kind of how the right think now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Nah....the right is now controlled by the proud boys and q-anon. I mean....not ALL of you....but that's just kind of how the right think now.

Considering that you are almost never right, I am thankful that this is your opinion.

Considering that you are almost never right, I am thankful that this is your opinion.
    Considering that you used the national enquirer as a source for your lunacy sums up how serious you need to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Considering that you used the national enquirer as a source for your lunacy sums up how serious you need to be taken.

I would use any publication, even including the New York Times, if the publication has done their research and appears to make sense. As I always tell you, it doesn't matter where something comes from, it matters if it is true. I think Barack Obama sometimes says things are true and if he were to do so, I would cite him.