Lovie Smith praises Minnesota's offense ahead of matchup: It'll be a challenge for us

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Kevin:

In Minnesota’s last game, the Gophers went to Purdue and won 38-31. Lovie Smith and the Fighting Illini’s defense have a tall task ahead of itself.

On Monday, during his weekly press conference, Smith talked up the Gophers’ offense:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://saturdaytradition.com/illin...-ahead-of-matchup-itll-be-a-challenge-for-us/

Go Gophers!!

"Two good receivers."

Yeah, cover the hell out of those two guys. That third guy (CrAB) only has nine catches for 190 yds and 2 TDs. He won't hurt you ... much. And Demetrius Douglas is nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

JTG

Us too Lovie, we're long from being able to look past any football team.

I hope the Gophers do not come in over confident or conservative in this one. Illinois is definitely capable of doing what they did last year if this team is flat.

There is seriously something wrong if after these first four games, the Gophers could possibly overlook anybody on the schedule. Just the Georgia State* game alone should keep the team focused for the rest of the season.

*yes, I know

Maybe Fleck will remind them what happened last year.

I wonder if it’s going to be difficult for Fleck and Co. to keep the team from getting too cocky and ahead of themselves this season. I worry about that a bit. Easy for people that age to start thinking they’re on top of the world, even though the games have been tight. 4-0 is what some of these players are probably thinking, and if we go 6-0, 7-0, 8-0...how many player do you think we run the chance of losing to an inflated ego?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Fleck will remind them what happened last year.

The film of that game last year should be played 24 hours a day in the locker room from now until kickoff.

The film of that game last year should be played 24 hours a day in the locker room from now until kickoff.

I’d be shocked if we allowed them to replicate what they did to us last year. I’m sure our coaching staff was already looking at the Illinois and Maryland games on the schedule over the off season prepping for how to prevent all those explosive plays that both teams had on us. My biggest fear with the upcoming 4 games is that we let these teams stay so close that we have to keep all of our big names in for 4 quarters in all 4 games. If we take an injury or two to Morgan, Bateman, Johnson, Smith, etc., the 4 final games will be drastically tougher than they already look like they’ll be.

This has "trap game" written all over it.

f3940b5a4cde4e9ae55866268d6ed1d7.jpg

Top Bottom