Night game for Nebraska!!

Should be packed!

Man, if we beat Illinois, I'm thinking the Nebraska game will be the third highest attended/best atmosphere in TCF history behind only the Air Force and TCU games.

We simply have to beat Illinois.

And it would be even better if Nebraska beats Northwestern.

I like the 6:30 start.

I won't miss the entire mattock marathon.

If Nebraska was good, this would be a Game Day opportunity.

Gophs have won 2 of last three versus Nebraska at TCF, including 54-21 ass kicking in most recent TCF game.
Gophs have won 3 of last six home and away versus Nebraska. 2014 road win was nice.

My 23 year old kid actually expressed interest in Nebraska game even before this announcement.
Gophers have a great chance for winning some fans back this season.

Beat the Illini!
Beat Nebraska in a fun home environment.
Take care of Rutgers on the road.
Come back home and beat up on Maryland to go 8-0 and be ranked in top 20.
Rest up and scheme and coach over bye week and let's have a fun November with PSU at TCF, Iowa at Kinnick, Fitz in Evanston and the big game for the Axe here after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Liver, prepare!

Simpsons%20-%20Barney%20Putting%20His%20Liver%20Back%20In.png

I will be there. It is my first Minnesota/Nebraska game. Super excited. Like the 6:30pm start!

Please tell me this is you wishing and not an announced decision.

It's what I'm wishing for, but it seems to be our theme.

Shiny Gold helmets for big matchups like WI.
We use Anthracite for night games.

This is great news for the program and a majority of fans. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that got stung by this time slot. I have a kid commitment that evening and only an 11:00 or 2:30 start was going to work for me. The good news is I may still be able to participate in the tailgating and just miss the game so it's not a total loss.

Have fun everyone. It should be an absolutely awesome atmosphere if the Gophers can take care of business this Saturday.

This is great news for the program and a majority of fans. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few that got stung by this time slot. I have a kid commitment that evening and only an 11:00 or 2:30 start was going to work for me. The good news is I may still be able to participate in the tailgating and just miss the game so it's not a total loss.

Have fun everyone. It should be an absolutely awesome atmosphere if the Gophers can take care of business this Saturday.

It works out for me and the friend I am taking to this game, but does it mean we have to block out a time frame of 10am - 11pm for the remaining unannounced games (Maryland, Penn St & Wisconsin)?

Bad enough that one needs to block out 10am - 7pm and then only get 6-12 days notice ahead of time. TV pays the bills, but it stinks. Thanks Jim D!

Much of this changed in 2017 when Fox came on board. Here is an article summary discussing changes

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/10/explaining_big_ten_night_games.html

It is pretty rare to get flexed, but take it as a compliment. I would be shocked if Maryland gets flexed. Also I believe the Big 10 is still pretty down on Night Games after Nov 1st. So enjoy this game, lets pack the bank and keep this run going. Have to take care of business 1st against IL. Need to sell out the next 4 games, the 5th will take care of itself!

Much of this changed in 2017 when Fox came on board. Here is an article summary discussing changes

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/10/explaining_big_ten_night_games.html

It is pretty rare to get flexed, but take it as a compliment. I would be shocked if Maryland gets flexed. Also I believe the Big 10 is still pretty down on Night Games after Nov 1st. So enjoy this game, lets pack the bank and keep this run going. Have to take care of business 1st against IL. Need to sell out the next 4 games, the 5th will take care of itself!

Agreed. I would be shocked if the Wisconsin game is anything but a 2:30pm start. Michigan-OSU is always at 11am and I highly doubt they would make it a night game that late in the year.

Top Bottom