Something all our opponents seem to have in common

I know I am not the only one that thinks it is a good thing that the opposing fans dislike our coach. It means they are worried about him and the way he has the team playing. If we are losing the fans from other teams would care less about our coach and how he carries himself.

Been well played out that Fleck is going to rub some people the wrong way. In the end it doesn't matter if people like him as long as he is getting the job done.

I for one love what I am seeing out of this football team. The wins this year have not been pretty but we are winning games in situations that historically have not gone well for us over the years.

Fleck rubs me the wrong way, and you are right about that not mattering if he gets the job done. I'm good with how last season ended, and good with how this one has started. I try to give every coach the same courtesy here: I evaluate them based on onfield performance, and the direction the program goes from when they took over to when they leave. That's what I do with coaches who I love, and I do the same with coaches that annoy the heck out of me.

Some straightforward facts about Minnesota recruiting.

1. Ohio State will always get the best recruiting class in the B1G.
2. Michigan or Penn State will get the next two spots.
3. The rest of the B1G fights for 1 or 2 4* players a year and mostly sign 3* talent.

That is never going to change.

Unless Minnesota wins 4 consecutive National Championships like I did in NCAA football and cornered the market of 5* players!

Pure jealousy. We've got a coach that's putting on the map for good things.

On the Recruiting, it depends on what your expectations were when Fleck was hired.

Make no mistake, Fleck was hired in part because he was perceived as a recruiter who could bring in better talent.

And the talent level is improving. the question is whether it's improving as much as people expected.

at WMU, Fleck was bringing in classes that were at or near the top of the conference. I don't think anyone expected him to have the top class in the B1G.

but - I do think some people expected more - more 4* players and fewer lower-level 3* players.

If the Gophers are really going to contend for Conference titles, the overall level of talent still needs to be higher.

I don't think he came in with nearly the reputation for recruiting that Brewster did, at least not according to experts across that nation. Some people ate up what Coyle was saying. I expected something between Brew and Kill, and am happy it's been closer to Brew so far.

I don't think he came in with nearly the reputation for recruiting that Brewster did, at least not according to experts across that nation. Some people ate up what Coyle was saying. I expected something between Brew and Kill, and am happy it's been closer to Brew so far.

I really don't know what some expected in terms of recruiting. Given our talent base in this state we are always going to struggle to get really highly rated classes. As for bringing in better talent, too early to tell on a lot of guys but I am willing to give Fleck some leeway considering:

Bateman - May go down as the best WR to ever play here
Morgan - May go down as the best QB to ever play here
Faalele - Is just scratching the surface but could be a top 10 NFL draft pick in a few years
Heck our WR corps a few years ago was a massive black hole of disappointment and is now arguably the strongest, deepest unit on the team

We are getting some high level transfers from other schools that are seeing the field and making impacts (part of recruiting as well). The talent level across the board seems to be improving.

There are things about Fleck that bother me but the more Fleck is disliked by opposing teams and fans the more I like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom