Mark Whicker is the brightest mind in College Football

Interesting chart. Perhaps within a week or two more agreement as to where the Gophers belong and also perhaps a little more agreement among the top 3-5 teams.

Totally fine with being unrated at this point. Keep em hungry and working hard to earn respect.

I mean, it’s every bit as reasonable as ranking Wake Forest, which everyone started doing.

As long as they keep winning, these rankings will work themselves out. Just keep improving at playing football and control their own destiny (wins and losses). It would be nice to be ranked and have notoriety, but at this early stage it's ok to be where they are. If undefeated in 2 more weeks, a nice ranking will be there, 4 more weeks and they'll be near top 10 at 8-0.

We haven’t played anyone yet.

Ha!

The teams we play have an average of 1 FCS wins this year.

The three FCS programs we’ve played are a combined 4 - 9 with the “Marquee” win against 85th ranked Vanderbilt, per Sagarin. The other 3 victories our FBS opponents have beaten? 138 Sacramento State, 145 Maine and 147 New Mexico State.

So perhaps the voters are waiting for us to prove it? Or it’s probably just unfairly not recognizing PJ Flecks obvious greatness.

If we keep winning, we’ll get ranked. If we beat some with a pulse, it will happen faster. If we beat someone who is ranked, it will happen even faster. If we keep “feasting” on warmed up leftovers, we won’t get as much respect as some think we deserve.

How good of a win would have it been for Purdue if the cane all the way back and beat us but we lost Morgan in the 1st quarter and were playing with Batemen, lost Johnson in the first quarter, no Martin and no Winfield?

The Purdue win was needed. We did not finish that out. We haven’t beaten anyone by a significant margin - and we haven’t played anybody.

So, you can’t really be surprised we aren’t ranked. Well you can, but it is not supported by the facts on the table right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

meh. im not gonna get caught up in rankings, just keep winning.

Whicker is good buddies with Reusee. He is probably hoping to catapult the Gophers in the top 25 just to get Patrick all riled up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have to agree with some on here. I don't think we should be ranked currently at 4-0, but if we get to 5-0, I'd be kind of shocked to not see us ranked then.

I mean, it’s every bit as reasonable as ranking Wake Forest, which everyone started doing.

Well, yes and no. For one thing, Wake is 5-0 while we are 4-0. In addition, one could make the argument that their 3 best wins (Utah St., UNC, and @BC) are all as good or better than our best win, which is probably @Fresno St. right now.

They are on a bye this coming week, so if we beat Illinois and are unranked at 5-0 while they're ranked - your line of thinking makes more sense.

KSU plays Baylor...KSU could lose little ballots it has, or Baylor could lose the nice bump in interest it got beating Cyclones.
Tulane plays Army...Tulane could lose last ballot interest it has, or Army could lose the nice interest it has generated.
OSU could knock MSU out of last spot in poll.
Cinci has chance at beating UCF.
Michigan might knock some ballots away from Iowa, or vice versa.
Oregon might knock off last of Cal votes.

Top Bottom