If Jeff Brohm was our coach..

Gold Rush

Reaction score
I would be pretty upset. I thought Purdue did a horrible job at in game management and adjustments. You can't just let someone run the same slant play over and over again and not do something to take it away. If the game had not been on the verge of a blowout, Morgan could/would have thrown for 500 yards easily. (Unless of course Purdue made adjustments which they refused to do.) If the Gophers had stuck to the same game plan they probably could have hung 60 points on them.

Purdue had better work on defending the slant routes because you can be sure other Big Ten teams are watching film and they will see that play again. And again........

With all that said, I give them credit for battling back from the adversity of their two star offensive players going down and making a game of it. But you have got to be aware of what the other team is doing and take it away if you can. You can't just let them carve you up with the same play all day long. That's just dumb coaching.

And, on the Gophers side, Fleck needs to work on better tackling and probably his on side kick unit too. They need to wrap up a lot better. Winfield tackles a lot like his dad, but the rest of the secondary in particular looked very sloppy. I liked Fleck's offensive game plan, they were prepared and they executed it very well.

I kind of like how the Gophers are not getting much credit for being 4-0. I would rather have them go into next week hungry and working on improving rather than hear about how great they are all week. They kind of owe Illinois for their worst game of the year last year and you can bet coaches will be reminding them of that all week. Stay hungry!!!

Some Gopher fans gave Brohm a B for his performance yesterday. I’m not sure if they watched the game or had a pre-conceived notion that he is a great coach.

They're dealing with injuries.

It is a program rebuild there to a larger extent than us.

I'm glad we have PJ but Jeff has a lot on his plate.

As for

Fleck needs to work on better tackling

I haven't seen PJ miss a tackle yet.

Some Gopher fans gave Brohm a B for his performance yesterday. I’m not sure if they watched the game or had a pre-conceived notion that he is a great coach.

Yeah, there might be an argument that Brohm is a good coach, but his performance yesterday was not it.

As of now, the only positive I would see in us having Brohm would be the sideline shots of that super intense defensive coordinator when I watch road games inTV. He makes me smile.

I think Brohm is a good coach and will do well at Purdue. Maybe his team is young?

I think Brohm is a good coach and will do well at Purdue. Maybe his team is young?

I agree.

And, I know this is an un-Minnesotan thing to say, but...

... maybe our Gophers are pretty good?

Ohhh, it makes me really mad when posters don’t agree with me too. How dare they.

Your fixation on Brohm can’t be healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes time at these types of schools.

We beat Wisc and they beat Ohio State. Both have show signs of life.

-insert PJs chart-

Ohhh, it makes me really mad when posters don’t agree with me too. How dare they.

Your fixation on Brohm can’t be healthy.

I know, I was shocked to see JG still having a hissy fit on multiple threads about Jeff Brohm.

They're dealing with injuries.

It is a program rebuild there to a larger extent than us.

I'm glad we have PJ but Jeff has a lot on his plate.

As for

I haven't seen PJ miss a tackle yet.

Brohm gambled on transfers his first two seasons.

If Brohm was the Gophers coach and Fleck was at Purdue, the majority of Gopher fans would support Brohm and be ripping Fleck.

the only real way to compare coaches in an identical situation would be to have them switch teams in mid-season. Brohm takes over the Gophers and Fleck takes over Purdue. Then we could see whether either team improves or gets worse based solely on coaching - not on personnel.

It's like saying Baldelli is a better manager than Gardy based on this year's records. If you switched teams, I suspect Gardy would be winning with the Twins and Baldelli would be losing with the Tigers. Jimmys and Joes beat X's and O's.

I would be pretty upset. I thought Purdue did a horrible job at in game management and adjustments. You can't just let someone run the same slant play over and over again and not do something to take it away. If the game had not been on the verge of a blowout, Morgan could/would have thrown for 500 yards easily. (Unless of course Purdue made adjustments which they refused to do.) If the Gophers had stuck to the same game plan they probably could have hung 60 points on them.

Purdue had better work on defending the slant routes because you can be sure other Big Ten teams are watching film and they will see that play again. And again........

With all that said, I give them credit for battling back from the adversity of their two star offensive players going down and making a game of it. But you have got to be aware of what the other team is doing and take it away if you can. You can't just let them carve you up with the same play all day long. That's just dumb coaching.

And, on the Gophers side, Fleck needs to work on better tackling and probably his on side kick unit too. They need to wrap up a lot better. Winfield tackles a lot like his dad, but the rest of the secondary in particular looked very sloppy. I liked Fleck's offensive game plan, they were prepared and they executed it very well.

I kind of like how the Gophers are not getting much credit for being 4-0. I would rather have them go into next week hungry and working on improving rather than hear about how great they are all week. They kind of owe Illinois for their worst game of the year last year and you can bet coaches will be reminding them of that all week. Stay hungry!!!

I thought offensively he called a great game. That was a team with a bunch of FR WRs, a backup QB and an OL that had been butchered early in the season. I think they called a good game offensively. Offensively, I'd give him a B+/A for what he had to work with.

Defensively, they didn't make any adjustments. They seemed to be be betting that we'd go back into our vanilla offense. They have a bad defense. I don't follow Purdue enough to know what kind of cupboard he inherited, but that was the worst defense we've played against all year. I'd probably give them a D defensively, but I am a bit ignorant on whether or not there was anything more they could do.

As far as the rest of it, he had a team that didn't quit. Purdue had every reason to quit, several times, and they fought until the very end.

So I think a B sounds about right for him yesterday.

If Brohm was the Gophers coach and Fleck was at Purdue, the majority of Gopher fans would support Brohm and be ripping Fleck.

the only real way to compare coaches in an identical situation would be to have them switch teams in mid-season. Brohm takes over the Gophers and Fleck takes over Purdue. Then we could see whether either team improves or gets worse based solely on coaching - not on personnel.

It's like saying Baldelli is a better manager than Gardy based on this year's records. If you switched teams, I suspect Gardy would be winning with the Twins and Baldelli would be losing with the Tigers. Jimmys and Joes beat X's and O's.

I don't know if he is physically attractive enough for some of our fans. We like sexy coaches.

I don't know if he is physically attractive enough for some of our fans. We like sexy coaches.

I know you are joking, but I have already seen posts ripping on Brohm’s skin condition. Funny stuff.

Brohm would have been run out of this town by now.

Losses to Nevada, Eastern Michigan and Rutgers. 0-2 against their rival Northwestern. The Twin Cities media would have just shredded this guy, and he would have lost his sh¡t on them and long ago become a punchline.

I know you are joking, but I have already seen posts ripping on Brohm’s skin condition. Funny stuff.

Brohm has a skin condition and people making fun of him for that? Pretty childish.

Karlaftis, Bell, Dorue, Amaun Anderson and Rondale are all young, highly recruited guys that will get better. And Plummer is only a freshman too. Brohm has certainly recruited well and I think they’ll be decent next year. They also have had a ton of injuries.

But I’m glad we have PJ instead and like our trajectory more.

Brohm has a skin condition and people making fun of him for that? Pretty childish.
We have a writer who once wrote in print that Jerry Kill had more seizures than big ten wins

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think he meant people were making fun the condition of his skin. Not a skin condition.

You'll never know for sure, but you wonder how much was lack of adjustment and players not doing what they were told? Their defensive coordinator seemed to absolutely flabbergasted after a few of those plays.

Brohm won 5 conference games his first season. That was the high point of Kill's tenure and a feat we've accomplished twice in recent memory.

Brohm is .500 in conference play in his first two seasons. We haven't had a coach be .500 in the conference in forever.

Tough crowd!

I don't agree PJ has recruited more B1G talent to the U then Brohm has recruited at Purdue. It is fair, because each coach has had enough time to put their stamp on the programs.

That wouldn't be true for me. From what I've seen, I just don't like Brohm's personality. When he's losing, he goes into jerk mode. Yes, getting upset is natural, but he seems to take it to another level. Bielema was the same way, and I didn't want him coaching the Gophers either. Well, Bielema was worse, because he was always in jerk mode. I can't think of any Gopher coach, past or present, that exhibited such behavior.

Brohm won 5 conference games his first season. That was the high point of Kill's tenure and a feat we've accomplished twice in recent memory.

Brohm is .500 in conference play in his first two seasons. We haven't had a coach be .500 in the conference in forever.

Tough crowd!

Brohm also has a losing non-conference record, while Fleck is undefeated.

We have a writer who once wrote in print that Jerry Kill had more seizures than big ten wins

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s pretty messed up. I never read that, but I can’t believe a published writer would.

I don't agree PJ has recruited more B1G talent to the U then Brohm has recruited at Purdue. It is fair, because each coach has had enough time to put their stamp on the programs.

This weekend Purdue fans told me that they felt Brohm has neglected the oline, while loading up on skill position talent. If enough of our lineman pan out I think we will have the foundation to create a consistent bowl team.

Top Bottom