Tanner Morgan - Nation's #4 Rated Passer

Tanner has done a nice job so far, but Tua, Jalen and Justin all have amazing feet and can buy more time than Tanner. Jalen is also a top rusher, so these guys all have much better ability to run the ball and thus are a dual threat.

Gopher fans can’t simply love a player on the squad without pointing out their shortcomings...

That’s what happened with Drew Brees. He put up monster numbers in Texas, and led his team to an undefeated season and state championship, yet only had offers from Purdue and Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brees was the ultimate game manager. He didn't run a ton, he had some really good receivers to work with and he made it all go. Lots of similarities between him and Morgan and that is good company to be in.

Gopher fans can’t simply love a player on the squad without pointing out their shortcomings...

I think Morgan is doing a really nice job and had a great game yesterday. Im just not going to get too high or too low with him. He has limitations but he also has some gifts that we haven't seen at the QB position at MN in a long time. Not to bring up an old subject, but Leidner never made the throws the TM is making. For our receivers to catch those balls in perfect stride is a testament to how well TM throws those slant routes, its a thing of beauty. Mitch would have made those guys go down to the ground to catch those balls.

I think Morgan is doing a really nice job and had a great game yesterday. Im just not going to get too high or too low with him. He has limitations but he also has some gifts that we haven't seen at the QB position at MN in a long time. Not to bring up an old subject, but Leidner never made the throws the TM is making. For our receivers to catch those balls in perfect stride is a testament to how well TM throws those slant routes, its a thing of beauty. Mitch would have made those guys go down to the ground to catch those balls.

He had a tour de force game, but let's not get carried away.

The Gopher fan pessimism may be the reason ticket sales will never be what they should be. Even if we do get amazing, will fans actually sell out the house every weekend? Stay until the very end? Sell it out and pack the house up if it’s 10 degrees out? Will we ever hit a point where we can add that 30,000 seat extension to The Bank? I don’t think Minnesota fans have that level of loyalty to anyone, besides the Vikings somehow. If people want to talk about continual disappointment, at least the Gophs have Championships in their history book.

I have not watched the replay, but one thing I noticed during the game was the pass to Paulson. Tanner threw it behind him, and it looked on purpose. If he would have led Paulson with the pass it may have been picked off or at least broken up. It was perfect placement. There were times he threw picks earlier this season, and his response was "I thought I could fit it". I feel he is progressing at a faster pace than expected. He is very intelligent and he is only learning more and more. Someone else said earlier he will be talked about come draft day in a couple years. I agree.
On the other hand if we look at PJ's chart for success, it is not linear. Be prepared for Tanner to regress to an "average" game or two on his way to the Heisman.

Vikings asked to trade QBs with Gophers. Fleck said no.

BINGO.

The Minnesota Inferiority Complex.

"I'm not going to get too excited..." — Minnesotans

Combination of quarterback not missing and receivers not dropping was amazing. I don't think I've ever watched a more efficient passing game, and it wasn't dink and dump 3-5 yard passes and lots of YAC, he was consistently hitting guys 10+ yards downfield in stride. From a numbers standpoint that has to be one of the greatest production performances per pass attempt.

Top Bottom