Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just like Mortell invented an award for best holder, Morgan should invent an award for best game manager. It can go to whichever quarterback exhibits the best qualities of quietly doing their job very well while credit generally goes to the players around them.
    "Jiminy christmas!" -Jerry Kill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Are you trying to say that Tanner shouldn't be in the Heisman conversation?
    If Gophers go undefeated in the BIG, I will fully endorse Tanner for the Heisman. In the meantime, Tanner aint no Justin, Tua or Jalen.

Default Tanner Morgan - Nation's #4 Rated Passer

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    If Gophers go undefeated in the BIG, I will fully endorse Tanner for the Heisman. In the meantime, Tanner aint no Justin, Tua or Jalen.
    Nobody is saying heís as good as those three, so I donít understand the need to make that case. Weíre not going to get those guys to come here. The best we can hope for is to develop 3 to low 4 star kids.

Meanwhile, I wonder how much better Morganís numbers would be if he was Oklahomaís QB, where they get better protection, and basically play pitch and catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    As I sit here watching the Vikings defense get shredded by the Bears backup QB, I couldnít help but draw parallels between Morgan and Chase Daniel, whoís the same size as Morgan, has a similar skill set, and is in his 11th season of earning an NFL paycheck, despite being undrafted.

Reminds of Todd Bouman. Bouman has to one of the unlikeliest long-time NFL QBs in history (and he actually played some legit games over the years). Height and average arm strength are not a total bar to the NFL as my guy Kellen Moore got a a multi year NFL ticket despite going undrafted - had one coach like him. Sometimes it goes like that and you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Reminds of Todd Bouman. Bouman has to one of the unlikeliest long-time NFL QBs in history (and he actually played some legit games over the years). Height and average arm strength are not a total bar to the NFL as my guy Kellen Moore got a a multi year NFL ticket despite going undrafted - had one coach like him. Sometimes it goes like that and you just never know.
    Trevor Siemian is another one. He didnít exactly have a stellar college career. I doubt many people expected him to have a long NFL career. It proves how hard up the league is for talent at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    Yeah, I know what you mean. However, I have three questions:

1) Have Tua, Justin or Jalen led their team from behind to win as many times as Morgan has this season?

2) How many times have Tua, Justin or Jalen faced 3rd and 30 from shadow of their own goal post, with time running out — and eventually made the first down, then proceeded to drive the length of the field, and win the game, as Morgan has?

3) Have Tua, Justin or Jalen completed a 20-yard TD pass on fourth and 13 to tie a game with :46 seconds remaining, and help send it to overtime? On the road?

ANSWERS:

1) No.

2) No.

3) No.

I know Morgan doesn't have the dots, the stars, the hype, the press; and he doesn't play for a playoff contender (... or does he?). But he's pretty good.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybb View Post
    Just like Mortell invented an award for best holder, Morgan should invent an award for best game manager. It can go to whichever quarterback exhibits the best qualities of quietly doing their job very well while credit generally goes to the players around them.
    Next time they release the rosters I hope they list Tanner Morgan as the starting Game Manager and Cole Kramer as the GM2. Jacob Clark would be listed as a quarterback because he got 4 stars on one of the sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Not sure if you are implying Bouman had average arm strength, but if you are, I would very much disagree. Remember seeing him throw a pass from midfield at SCSU to the end zone, from one sideline to the other. Dude had a bazooka arm for college, and was considered above average for NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post

1) Have Tua, Justin or Jalen led their team from behind to win as many times as Morgan has this season?

2) How many times have Tua, Justin or Jalen faced 3rd and 30 from shadow of their own goal post, with time running out — and eventually made the first down, then proceeded to drive the length of the field, and win the game, as Morgan has?

3) Have Tua, Justin or Jalen completed a 20-yard TD pass on fourth and 13 to tie a game with :46 seconds remaining, and help send it to overtime? On the road?

ANSWERS:

1) No.

2) No.

3) No.

I know Morgan doesn't have the dots, the stars, the hype, the press; and he doesn't play for a playoff contender (... or does he?). But he's pretty good.
    Are you aware that you answered a "how many times" question with "no"?

Morgan also 12th in FBS is Total QBR, taking into account all plays by QB (passing. running, sacks, penalties, etc).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Are you aware that you answered a "how many times" question with "no"?
    Thanks for pointing that out. You are the very best.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Not sure if you are implying Bouman had average arm strength, but if you are, I would very much disagree. Remember seeing him throw a pass from midfield at SCSU to the end zone, from one sideline to the other. Dude had a bazooka arm for college, and was considered above average for NFL.
    No just meant he was unheralded, unrecruited, but had some legit skills. Now Moore is more analogous to TM as he is very accurate, clutch factor 10, but average arm and below average height for college and definitely beyond the second standard deviation in the pros. But, he could do some things. I wouldn’t say TM is to his level yet but could happen.

Back in his HS days, if TM was 6 ft 4 with the same ball skills he would have been a much higher rated QB and all the bigger schools would be after him. As it stands now he has all the mental qualities to be a very good QB but since his physical #'s did not pass the eye test he was over looked and PJ got him. Similar situation as Antoine Winfield Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDog1 View Post
    Back in his HS days, if TM was 6 ft 4 with the same ball skills he would have been a much higher rated QB and all the bigger schools would be after him. As it stands now he has all the mental qualities to be a very good QB but since his physical #'s did not pass the eye test he was over looked and PJ got him. Similar situation as Antoine Winfield Jr.
    Thatís what happened with Drew Brees. He put up monster numbers in Texas, and led his team to an undefeated season and state championship, yet only had offers from Purdue and Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post

ANSWERS:

1) No.

2) No.

3) No.

He had a tour de force game, but let's not get carried away.