Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tanner Morgan - Nation's #4 Rated Passer

Tanner Morgan, our favorite game manager, is now rated #4 in FBS in passer rating and #3 in yards per attempt. The other top guys all play for Top 5 teams and are in the Heisman race. Tanner's also been sacked more than twice as much as his peers throughout the top 20 passers, suggesting he's overcoming more to be on top.

Passer Rating:
    Jalen Hurts Okla 249.9
    Joe Burrow LSU 225.6
    Tua Tagovailoa Ala 225.1
    Tanner Morgan Minn 202.1
    Justin Fields OSU 194.4

Yards Per Attempt:
    Jalen Hurts Okla 15.2
    Joe Burrow LSU 12.3
    Tanner Morgan Minn 11.6
    Tua Tagovailoa Ala 11.6
    Dillon Gabriel UCF 11.2

Too bad our starter is injured.

(We really need a "troll-face" emoji. )

JTG

Quote Originally Posted by rockford View Post
    Too bad our starter is injured.

(We really need a "troll-face" emoji. )

JTG
    Hard to believe ZA5 could have done any better. Still would like to have him as a backup though so hope he heals quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Hard to believe ZA5 could have done any better. Still would like to have him as a backup though so hope he heals quickly.
    I wouldn't predict those stats by ZA.....but I also wouldn't say he couldn't either.

Hey, don't let me derail the vibe with my smart-a** comment (which was made in jest). I've acknowledged before that I was very high on ZA, but there's absolutely no arguing with the tremendous job Morgan has done. He's been outstanding.

JTG

Blog Entries

Tanner Morgan=Quiet, but deadly assassin.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Tanner Morgan, our favorite game manager, is now rated #4 in FBS in passer rating and #3 in yards per attempt. The other top guys all play for Top 5 teams and are in the Heisman race. Tanner's also been sacked more than twice as much as his peers throughout the top 20 passers, suggesting he's overcoming more to be on top.

Passer Rating:
    Jalen Hurts Okla 249.9
    Joe Burrow LSU 225.6
    Tua Tagovailoa Ala 225.1
    Tanner Morgan Minn 202.1
    Justin Fields OSU 194.4

Yards Per Attempt:
    Jalen Hurts Okla 15.2
    Joe Burrow LSU 12.3
    Tanner Morgan Minn 11.6
    Tua Tagovailoa Ala 11.6
    Dillon Gabriel UCF 11.2
    He actually averaged a whopping 19 yards per completion yesterday. He didn't turn the ball over and his throws were right on the money all day long. The only negative I would say from yesterday was he held the ball too long and took some sacks he didn't need to take and also didn't run enough on the RPO even though it looked wide open. He will need to do that once in a while to keep the defenses honest. GREAT GAME for him yesterday! He reminds me of Case Keenum when he was with the Vikings in that no matter what he does people tend to overlook and downgrade what he does. I agree with Fleck in that he is a competitor, he learns from his mistakes and he has the intangible that he is a winner and just knows how to win. He has great poise when the game is on the line. He is 8-2 now as a Gopher QB. He kind of reminds me of some of the unheralded QB's from smaller schools that would come in and torch the Gophers and you wonder "who was THAT guy? Why can't we get a guy like that!!"

Well, now we do!

Blog Entries

Passer Rating:
    Jalen Hurts Okla 249.9
    Joe Burrow LSU 225.6
    Tua Tagovailoa Ala 225.1
    Tanner Morgan Minn 202.1
    Justin Fields OSU 194.4

Yards Per Attempt:
    Jalen Hurts Okla 15.2
    Joe Burrow LSU 12.3
    Tanner Morgan Minn 11.6
    Tua Tagovailoa Ala 11.6
    Dillon Gabriel UCF 11.2
    Tanner has done a nice job so far, but Tua, Jalen and Justin all have amazing feet and can buy more time than Tanner. Jalen is also a top rusher, so these guys all have much better ability to run the ball and thus are a dual threat.

Tanner Morgan, our favorite game manager, is now rated #4 in FBS in passer rating and #3 in yards per attempt.
    Don you remember who called him that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

So if the guys on the list next to Tanner Morgan are 4 of ESPN's top 5 Heisman candidates, what should that make our Captain Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rush View Post
    The only negative I would say from yesterday was he held the ball too long and took some sacks he didn't need to take
    And even on the sacks, I was impressed with his ability to hold on to the ball. There were at least two where he could have (and did earlier in the season) fumble. But not yesterday!

Default Tanner Morgan - Nation's #4 Rated Passer

As I sit here watching the Vikings defense get shredded by the Bears backup QB, I couldn’t help but draw parallels between Morgan and Chase Daniel, who’s the same size as Morgan, has a similar skill set, and is in his 11th season of earning an NFL paycheck, despite being undrafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I wouldn't predict those stats by ZA.....but I also wouldn't say he couldn't either.
    I wouldn't either. This is a quarterback friendly system and the Gophers seem to have some decent receiving talent.

Surreal.

He's been incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonTXGopher View Post
    Tanner has done a nice job so far, but Tua, Jalen and Justin all have amazing feet and can buy more time than Tanner. Jalen is also a top rusher, so these guys all have much better ability to run the ball and thus are a dual threat.
    Are you trying to say that Tanner shouldn't be in the Heisman conversation?