Bateman/Jerry Rice

balds

Reaction score
No way suggesting he's that good, but he reminds me a lot of Jerry Rice. His frame, the way he moves, his ability to so fluidly change direction and hit top speed. He's just scratching the surface of how good he will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7aWqlRMYE

Actually, I think this is spot on, as absurd as it sounds on the surface. Bateman probably has more top end speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I think this is spot on, as absurd as it sounds on the surface. Bateman probably has more top end speed.

Jerry Rice 2.0

For every great receiver, there is a quarterback who throws a great ball.

That comparison is apropos. Bateman will be insane before he is done.

Welcome to the Gophers Wide Receiver U!

Bateman might be my favorite Gopher ever.

Bateman is incredible, the combination of precise route running and hands. He has to be a Biletnikoff finalist.

I'm giddy at the fact we get him back another year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All American and NFL talent . I feel lucky we get to watch him play !

He actually reminds me more of Calvin Johnson.

I've always thought the Rice comparison was apt because both Rice and Bateman have "easy" speed. They both move faster than it appears. I'm way old, so many here won't appreciate the comparison, but he reminds me of former Packer James Lofton and former Viking John Gilliam as well. Those guys could motor but it looked like were strolling. DB would blink and they'd be by him. It's that extra gear that can be hit with just a step.

Bateman is clearly a very good pro prospect. Like almost all college players, he needs to sand down a few edges, but the talent is clearly there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom