Worst tackling effort since.... ?

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It's hard to say that the defense played that poorly or Rossi didn't game plan very well with the tackling effort that was on display today. It could very well have been a well-called game defensively but it was one of the worst tackling games I've seen from the Gophers in recent memory. And nobody was immune. Even Winfield had some whiffs.

At least that should be somewhat easy to clean up. But for the most part, the tackling was really the only thing that was disappointing.

It's hard to say that the defense played that poorly or Rossi didn't game plan very well with the tackling effort that was on display today. It could very well have been a well-called game defensively but it was one of the worst tackling games I've seen from the Gophers in recent memory. And nobody was immune. Even Winfield had some whiffs.

At least that should be somewhat easy to clean up. But for the most part, the tackling was really the only thing that was disappointing.

It reminded me of early Brew/late Mason tackling efforts. It was really bad.

Since last year vs Illinois and Maryland?

Worst tackling effort since.... ?

Other than me in 9th grade vs. Virginia, MN, I am not sure.

This thread will be removed soon too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor tackling technique and follow through made this game much closer than it should have been. It wasn't an occasional miss or failure....it persisted throughout the game and a lot of players need to share that responsibility. Normally good tacklers were terrible today. I hope to chalk it up to a one time failure rather than lack of knowledge of how to tackle. Maybe the flight delays and travel irregularities had something to do with it...or maybe they just needed more focus...don't know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gophers won but that was a poor tackling game by the Gophers defense. Biggest disappointment of game was the 99 yard drive Purdue went on. Glad for the win, Gophers are going to have to be 10 times better against Illinois.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Since last year vs Illinois and Maryland?

Agree more Maryland than Illinois. Really can’t stand Rossi’s scheme of playing in the A gap on the tight end side. He becomes the sacrificial lamb. And if he beats that block, he usually can’t stop the ball carrier.

Top Bottom