Pass Interference?

NotAFanOfBecky

Reaction score
Well what did you think of the PI call late in the game? Personally I didn't think it was too egregious but with the half dozen or so offensive holdings that were non-calls on Purdue during their rally I thought it evened things out.

I personally thought it was great call, because every single one of us would have been completely ****ting our pants had they gotten the ball back.

Absolutely panic!

Textbook defensive pass interference. Guy grabbed Johnson's jersey and pulled it away from his shoulder pad.

Disagree. That was a PI all the way. Tyler probably catches that and scores without the significant hold impeding progress and his ability to move his arm to catch the ball.

There were a lot of things to disagree with today, this was not one of them.

That was as easy as a call to make. It’s clear as day that he’s holding is one arm down by grabbing the jersey. And I agree there were at least 5 holding calls that were not called that allowed Purdue a large gain.

That was as easy as a call to make. It’s clear as day that he’s holding is one arm down by grabbing the jersey. And I agree there were at least 5 holding calls that were not called that allowed Purdue a large gain.

There were a LOT of holds that didn't get called today. Both ways. The officiating was as bad as our fourth quarter, but it did not impact the outcome of the game.

That gets called 100 out of 100 times unless the crew just totally screws up and is looking elsewhere.
It was actually a smart penalty for Purdue to take. The guy knew TJ was a step ahead and it was going to be a very very easy TD catch for him to make in-stride.

DB doesn't tug on the sleeve, TJ, makes that catch for the first down.

There were a LOT of holds that didn't get called today. Both ways. The officiating was as bad as our fourth quarter, but it did not impact the outcome of the game.

I need to re-watch the game because I did not see the egregious misses that helped us. I tend to be able to be unbiased when it comes to that, but maybe not. I will say this, some of the misses, especially with Coughlin were really bad.

My gf was over as I was watching the game and she is not from the US and has maybe spent a total of 10 minutes in her life watching football and we had this convo:

Her: "Why don't they do that every time?"
Me: "What?"
Her: "Just grab them."
Me: "They aren't allowed to."
Her: "He does it every time, right in front of him (she points to the official on the TV)".
Me: "Ya, I know."

As to the OP, yes, a million times yes, that was PI. Also, water is wet. Wisconsin sucks. Highwayman thinks the coaches make the decisions on personnel.

I know Brohm was b*tching out the ref at the game, but did he whine about it post-game?

Top Bottom