Tanner "The Game Manager" Morgan

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
Today's performance: 21/22 for 396 yards, 4 TDs and 0 interceptions.

Now imagine what the Gophers could have accomplished if he was any good.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I’ve never seen a QB stat line that good. Has anyone else? That high a percentage, with those yards, those TD’s, and no turnovers.

WOW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he is not B1G player of the week, the whole thing is a sham!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gotta be the favorite for B1G Offensive POTW.

Discussion topic in 7 weeks...

Morgan for Heisman?

Dreaming big for him. The WRs are there with him. The rest of the team needs to catch up.

His accuracy is uncanny...

Was hoping he’d hit the yardage and TD records today and probably could have.

His only incompletion was a smart throw away to avoid a sure sack.

We have a real quarterback on our hands and the sky has a new limit set and goal. Wow.

Fantastic game! I was hoping for one more completion so he could have over 400 for the game. Amazing numbers!

(For now) Tanner Morgan joins only 5 others in NCAA who have completed over 95 percent of their passes (min. 20 att) dating back to 2000. No Big Ten player has done it, with Northwestern's Dan Persa's 19 of 21 (.905) effort against Vandy in 2010 the best previous % effort.

https://twitter.com/alankarpick/status/1178072458966044672?s=21

Only because I like to be a contrarian... he needs to get better at the read option for the Gophers to have any chance against good teams this year. That play is such a core part of the Gopher's offense that not keeping it at the right times will kill us against better competition.

The game wasn't ever really "at risk" in my mind today, but it could have been a much more comfortable victory if he had been reading the linebacker better.

The only reason I feel comfortable saying this is because I went on a rant here about how good he was after our first three games, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves.

At the beginning of the season Mason said that he wasn't sure if Morgan was good enough to win the B1G. I think he would still have that question. Despite today's insane accuracy.

Morgan is now at 69/94 completions, so 73.4%. 1,095 yards, 10 TD 2 INTs.

Last QB to start off with those stats through 4 games of a season was....?

Tanner &quot;The Game Manager&quot; Morgan

Morgan is now at 69/94 completions, so 73.4%. 1,095 yards, 10 TD 2 INTs.

Last QB to start off with those stats through 4 games of a season was....?

11.65 yards per attempt for the season is ridiculous. When they repost the season stats, after this week’s games, he’s probably going to be top 4-5 in the country for YPA. He’s up there with Hurts, Burrow, and Tua.

Passer Rating of 202.11 right now for the season. Only Hurts, Burrow and Tua were higher entering today.

11.65 yards per attempt for the season is ridiculous. When they repost the season stats, after this week’s games, he’s probably going to be top 4-5 in the country for YPA. He’s up there with Hurts, Burrow, and Tua.

Yeah and it’s insane how quiet the media is about him. Gophs never get any media love.

Passer Rating of 202.11 right now for the season. Only Hurts, Burrow and Tua were higher entering today.

Even if we haven’t played amazing teams, those stats are hard to attain. And he’s 8-2 as our starter, he’s been getting steadily better every single game. I’ll be surprised if he’s not in the NFL draft talks going into his senior year at this rate.

Only because I like to be a contrarian... he needs to get better at the read option for the Gophers to have any chance against good teams this year. That play is such a core part of the Gopher's offense that not keeping it at the right times will kill us against better competition.

LOL. Is this a bit to get a rise out of people? If so, well played.

LOL. Is this a bit to get a rise out of people? If so, well played.

A little bit, but there's some truth to it. Part of the reason our running game was so bad today was that Morgan wasn't making the right reads. Obviously, credit where due, but he could have been better there.

I also called him the best QB in Gopher history last week
My opinion on that hasn't changed.

A little bit, but there's some truth to it. Part of the reason our running game was so bad today was that Morgan wasn't making the right reads. Obviously, credit where due, but he could have been better there.

No, I don't mean the part about being a contrarian and criticizing Morgan's reads. I meant the part about how the read option is such a "core part" of our offense and how Morgan needs to get better at running it. We've run a read option maybe 10 times combined in the 2-plus years Fleck's coaching staff has been here.

No, I don't mean the part about being a contrarian and criticizing Morgan's reads. I meant the part about how the read option is such a "core part" of our offense and how Morgan needs to get better at running it. We've run a read option maybe 10 times combined in the 2-plus years Fleck's coaching staff has been here.

Oh lol, zone read ha

Tanner managed the **** out of this game! This stat line doesn’t exist without improvements on the oline, which is the most exciting part to me.

Smith rushed for 115 yards with a 5.2 yard average. How is that bad?

Smith rushed for 115 yards with a 5.2 yard average. How is that bad?

Yeah, not sure how anyone can criticize the run game. When we pass successfully for 396 and 4 TD’s, how good does the run game really need to be?

Top Bottom