What grade would you give Tanner Morgan in the Purdue game?

• A

Votes: 132 97.8%
  • B

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • C

• D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I would give him an A+. He just had the best game of his career, happy for him.

A+ for sure. You complete that one incomplete he had, and that’s a perfect game. How do you get much better, maybe don’t get sacked a couple times? I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how it's anything less than an A. Great job Tanner keep it up! Now let's get that run game going!

I'm kind of mad at him for not throwing the ball on every down, so he only gets an A-minus from me.

A

Everything else is lucky to be a "C" outside of the receivers.

a, dude was straight up awesome.

He will be an all time Gopher great before his career is over.

If anyone votes anything other than an A they’re right to vote should be revoked. It’s a silly poll. He arguably had the best overall stats in CFB today at the position.

I gave him a B+. The spiral on the perfect dime to Bateman just wasn't a little wobbly.

He gets an A+++

Statistically, it was probably the greatest performance ever in a P5 football game?

A+. Very special day. Good for him. Every week he just keeps coming back and getting better. So cool to see this happen. Are PJ and his coaches the QB Whisperers?

Last edited:

Why is there more than one option in this poll?

He set a single game completion percentage record for Big Ten QBs (15 or more attempts). 95.5% Un-freaking-believable.

In 1998 I was in West Lafayette when Drew Brees put on one of the greatest QB displays I have witnessed 31-36, 522 yards, 6 TD. He was unreal that day, couldn't miss, even when the coverage was good.

What Morgan did today ranks right up in that rarified air. 21-22, 396 yards and 4 TD is just sick.

Not saying Morgan is on his way to being Drew Brees but there are some definite similarities in the way they are described. Morgan's performance today is going to open some eyes. Easy A on this poll, anything less is just silly after what he did today. He wasn't perfect that but he was pretty dang close.

unbelievable. Spectacular. Fantastic. Out of this world. Elite.

306.7 Rating for the game.

Only criticism was taking too many sacks. Outside of that, it was a perfect game. A

Although this was a one-of-a-kind performance, TM has been very good all year. What has also been the case all year is that our team allows a lot of sacks against our QB - worst in the conference on that metric and among the worst in the nation.

Mason picked Morgan as his standout performer on the Final Drive. He called him “my guy, Tanner Morgan.” That’s quite a reversal from his preseason comments...”Tanner Morgan is a good QB, but he’s not THAT good.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 1998 I was in West Lafayette when Drew Brees put on one of the greatest QB displays I have witnessed 31-36, 522 yards, 6 TD. He was unreal that day, couldn't miss, even when the coverage was good.

What Morgan did today ranks right up in that rarified air. 21-22, 396 yards and 4 TD is just sick.

Not saying Morgan is on his way to being Drew Brees but there are some definite similarities in the way they are described. Morgan's performance today is going to open some eyes. Easy A on this poll, anything less is just silly after what he did today. He wasn't perfect that but he was pretty dang close.

From day 1 Morgan has had Bree’s body language and overall demeanor on the field, cool under fire. You can’t teach it. And, I’d argue his accuracy is up there with Brees. Arm strength is fine and good enough. We have a large enough sample size now that these stats aren’t some fluke. He’s mostly making good decisions and taking care of the ball and that will probably improve.

He will have real challenges vs Iowa, PSU, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. How he does in those games will determine our season (along with expected improvement in O/D line play) and help determine if he can make the next step.

Top Bottom